TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone from the Sacramento Area want to go 4wheeling to some popular spots around here and teach me some new tricks? Let me know! :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Hey anyone from the Sacramento Area want to go 4wheeling to some popular spots around here and teach me some new tricks? Let me know! :cool:
You're fortunate to be very close to tons of Sierra trails. Some of them are documented here:

http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/

You might want to get this book also:

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
89 Posts
an easy place close to Sacramento is Prairie City. It's a pretty cool place to spend a couple hours and is good for beginning wheeling. There are a couple stair steps and a mini obstacle course, plus a couple small trails. I'd say it is more popular for bikes than trucks, but if you are already in Sacramento, you should definently check it out. It'll be a great place to get a feel for your truck and its capabilities!!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
If you are going to involve yourself in wheeling in this area, I suggest that you start considering a set of rock sliders right away. Bent-Up is in your neighboorhood and can fix you up for not much.
Also make sure you have good recovery points front and rear and get yourself some recovery gear to go with them.
It's not much money for all of the above and you need that stuff as a minimum if you're gonna venture onto the trails around here.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Here's another very good one...tends to have more history of the area and wildlife to look for then the other book. Trails tend to be more on the moderate to easy side, I own both and both are very good:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If you are going to involve yourself in wheeling in this area, I suggest that you start considering a set of rock sliders right away. Bent-Up is in your neighboorhood and can fix you up for not much.
Also make sure you have good recovery points front and rear and get yourself some recovery gear to go with them.
It's not much money for all of the above and you need that stuff as a minimum if you're gonna venture onto the trails around here.

Ya what The Dick said.....also you can get hooked up with Phil @ Performance Car & Truck....www.sacpct.com Let Phil know that Chris sent ya....the one with the zuzu...he'll know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts