TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real quick...Anybody know the engine Oil capacity for the 2001 3.4 Liter V6 off hand? I don't haverthe manual here at work and I need to stop over at Wally World after work to pick some Mobil 1 10W 30. I need to know how much I need to buy. For an oil change this weekend. Thanks in Adv.

·
Registered
110 Posts
BornOnFire said:
Real quick...Anybody know the engine Oil capacity for the 2001 3.4 Liter V6 off hand? I don't haverthe manual here at work and I need to stop over at Wally World after work to pick some Mobil 1 10W 30. I need to know how much I need to buy. For an oil change this weekend. Thanks in Adv.
i use 6 quarts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Using a D3 oil filter from toyota it takes 6. This is the oil filter built for the 4.7l V8, but has the same thread pattern as the taco filter.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Are you guys serious? Manual says 4.5 quarts. Well Cheltons at least? My dad put 5.5 or 6 in his undra V8.

·
Registered
163 Posts
WILD YOTE said:
I just dump in 6 qt's. Always worked for me with no problem.

Yeah, I also put 6 qts, in my 2001 Taco 3.4l

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it is 5.6 off the charts but i put 6 in mine and it reads about right at the full mark.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It depends if you use the little filter or the bigger filter, I put the bigger fram filter on my 95 3.4L and it takes 6qts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts