TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an easier way to change my oil. The actual changing doesn't bother me, it is the draining the full pan into the 5 gallon tank, wiping out the pan for storage, cleaning the funnel, etc......

Don't even get me started on the filter.

Considering a Fram Sure Drain Oil Change system, I figure I can connect a longer hose to the drain connector directly into the tank. Considreing even getting one for the ATF pan, even easier as there is no filter.

Anyone used one of these? Are they high enough quality to trust my engine and maybe trans?

Anybody got better ideas?

Thanks

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I have had one on my vehicle's oil pan for over two years
It def make it easier
I am going to remove it and add a new copper washer.
I have been told that it doesn't really get every drop of oil becasue of how it sits a bit into the pan.
When you say drain it into a tank, what do you mean?
I would imagine that if the plug for the tranny is the same threading, you should be able to use it for that as well
post any new info if you succeed!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ive used them for about 2 years on both my car and truck.. no complaints.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been using one for almost a year, and have also been using a Transdapt Remote Filter Mount. Using the included hardware, I was able to mount the filter on the inside of my driver's side framerail, just underneath the drivers door. Now, with the drain tube hook-up I can pour the old oil directly into the pan with no splashing mess or skid plate removal. Then, the filter is easily spun off and replaced. Oil changes are a much quicker and cleaner job for me. Especially with the way Toyota orientated that damn filter; Upside down and unreachable!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98 Taco said:
When you say drain it into a tank, what do you mean?

I keep a five gallon plastic gas can in the garage to put old oil in. When I buy Mobil 1 in the 5 qt. jug I use that but this week Target had it for 3.45 in the seperate qt bottles so I used my gas can.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
did you use the tubing included in the kit with the remote filter kit or did you have new ones made up?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah I used the included hoses. They were *just* long enough to route them where I wanted and have no kinks anywhere. It was a bltch to put on, but the time spent there will come back to me over the next few dozen oil changes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been using the Sure Drain for 2 1/2 years. No problem. Quality seems good. Using one on the tranny pan seems like a good idea. I'll have to check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts