TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched thoroughly and have found nothing on this site like what I experienced today when I removed the air intake tube. When I finally unclamped it from the throttle body and the filter box and removed it, oil poured out of it. (all over my pants and shoes). The intake tube has some sort of U-shaped P trap on it's bottom that appeared to be put there for that purpose. But it was full!!! Is my PVC valve defective? (99 ext cab v6 3.4) Thanks

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
A PVC valve is cleap, myswell replace it.

Which tube is it comming through? It's gotta originate from somewhere

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not sure. It was accumulated in the intake tube, and there is one hose that runs from the intake tube to PVC ,I think. It has to be from there. Incidentally, I changed my plugs today (for the first time since I've owned the truck) and the threads of all the old plugs where dripping in oil!!!! But there was no oil on the electrode part. Just the threads. I wonder if these situations are connected somehow?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
Yeah, most likely the PCV is to blame. But even a properly functioning PCV will still allow oil to pass. Thats an indication of excessive blow by. Let the truck warm up and idle. Slowly remove the oil cap and see if you have really heavy pressure coming out of the cap. If its not too bad then just replace the PCV. If your really worried about the oil, install an oil catch can. I've got one that I need to install on my truck for the same reasons.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks. That eases my mind that it's not a totally uncommon problem.
Kind of off subject, but, the previous owner of the truck had used ac/ delco plugs. They were in good shape. But after replacing with densos from the dealer, a VERY noticeable differnce in performance. And I bet my fuel mileage will improve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts