TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil in my 05 taco V6. It has 51,000 miles and I've been running Valvoline Durablend 5w-30. It's a partial synthetic oil. Anyways, today when I pulled my filler cap there was a good bit of some cream colored sludge and when I pulled the dip stick it was like there was some darker colored oil stuck to the stick. I rubbed it with my rag and it came off after a second. I'm kinda freakin out man. Is this sludge or could it be water in the motor. I was a little over due for an oil change (700 miles over 3000). I haven't been off roading at all and haven't done anything different than what I've done since I got the thing. It has been running fine so I haven't had any reason to think anything is wrong other than the sludge and stuff. Please help quick, I'm suppose to drive home 600 miles tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
its fine dont trip

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great...I would have searched, but I was in a hurry. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
How far are your trips... lots of short trips will do that... If you can, once or twice a week take your truck for a 20mi drive on the highway or something... but at the same time, I realize gas is over $3/gal again in California... :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts