TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially, I thought these things were a joke, but I've been thinking about adding one to my power steering system to increase capacity. It would need to be completely sealed and have one of the lines have a tube going to the bottom of the tank for a pickup.
Second, I pulled off the intake to clean the TB and found globs of sludge in the intake tube. So, I wonder if this thing might help things as intended?
Has anyone bought one? Tried it? Results?
I did see the other post this week about another type but no one seemed to know much about that one either.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
bb609 said:
Initially, I thought these things were a joke, but I've been thinking about adding one to my power steering system to increase capacity. It would need to be completely sealed and have one of the lines have a tube going to the bottom of the tank for a pickup.
Second, I pulled off the intake to clean the TB and found globs of sludge in the intake tube. So, I wonder if this thing might help things as intended?
Has anyone bought one? Tried it? Results?
I did see the other post this week about another type but no one seemed to know much about that one either.
Almost all race cars use those (thus why all the ricers buy them so they can "race" LOL) but they are a great idea to connect the PCV lines to. I was thinking about doing it myself, as the little filters I was running have cloged up, so I hooked them back to the intake :\

As for the power steering, Talk to Dick Foster, he has or had rigged up a second tank or maybe it was a cooler.. either way, it was more fluid, and yeah.. what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's funny that we all get excited about keeping the intake clean when it comes to aftermarket filters but then you get all this sludge and crap going in from the pollution controls....weird.
I've seen Dick's writeup but he rebuilt his existing pump. Doubt I'll get that serious about it. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
bb609 said:
It's funny that we all get excited about keeping the intake clean when it comes to aftermarket filters but then you get all this sludge and crap going in from the pollution controls....weird.
I've seen Dick's writeup but he rebuilt his existing pump. Doubt I'll get that serious about it. Thanks.
NO, I am pretty sure he added a cooler to it. That would give you more capacity, and cool the fluid.. win-win... get a hold of him and ask.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
atwinda said:
NO, I am pretty sure he added a cooler to it. That would give you more capacity, and cool the fluid.. win-win... get a hold of him and ask.
You could be pimpin' and run both. My thinking is a cooler doesn't help much in the rocks where you need it most. Something like one of these things could give you 3-4 times the capacity and at 10-20% the cost of a cooler? I may experiment if no one has already.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
bb609 said:
You could be pimpin' and run both. My thinking is a cooler doesn't help much in the rocks where you need it most. Something like one of these things could give you 3-4 times the capacity and at 10-20% the cost of a cooler? I may experiment if no one has already.
I am almost possitive the Dick has.. find him on the cali board on delphi...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts