TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Nissan is officially sold and I've been hunting for my Double Cab. These things are kind of hard to find, but I think i found a pretty nice one on Craigslist. Do you guys think it is a good price?

It is a 2003 Silver TRD Double Cab with about 50k on the clock, SR5 and all. Spray on liner too. He is asking $16,700.

-Jeff Conti

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Is it a 4x4? :)

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
I just sold an 03 D-cab 4x4 with 103K miles (trade in I got 14K) so that isnt too bad I dont think. Others have managed to get out considerable cheaper but I am not sure on the mileage of theirs

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
i think you'll regret it later
X2

If you are planning to do ANY wheeling in it, you will regret it. Trust me, I know. I didn't plan on doing any wheeling when I bought my PreRunner. As soon as I took my first wheeling trip, I was dead set on converting.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nahhh. Actually I don't want a 4x4. My 01 Tacoma wasn't a 4x4. The 96 Nissan Hardbody I had after it was. I never used 4WD once. I did use 4 Lo twice to pull trees out of the yard, but that's it.

I got a great deal and I am so happy with it. So now I am officially back! I am picking it up tomorrow or the next day. It is such a nice truck. The guy really took great care of it.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Well, if you aren't going to wheel it, what are you doing here?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, if you aren't going to wheel it, what are you doing here?
Well, I like the boards. I've been around since 2001. I like to watch wheeling. And I like to go. I'm just not risk averse enough to wheel in my daily driver. But it is certainly fun.

There's great information here. I enjoyed the few meetups I've been to in the past with my last Tacoma. The guys here in Texas are great and are very helpful. This is one of the best forums I've been a part of. I am glad to be back.

-Jeff

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Nahhh. Actually I don't want a 4x4. My 01 Tacoma wasn't a 4x4. The 96 Nissan Hardbody I had after it was. I never used 4WD once. I did use 4 Lo twice to pull trees out of the yard, but that's it.

I got a great deal and I am so happy with it. So now I am officially back! I am picking it up tomorrow or the next day. It is such a nice truck. The guy really took great care of it.

-Jeff
Hey Jeff, welcome back. Haven't talked to you in a LONG time dude! Glad you're happy with the purchase, although I do tend to agree with the others that most guys that get 2x4's usually end of regretting it. But as long as you're happy then it's cool. After all, it's YOUR money! LOL! :D Later!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Jeff, welcome back. Haven't talked to you in a LONG time dude!
Hey man, thanks! It has been a while. I still have not forgotten all of the help you guys were in assisting me with my lift.

It feels like I am back home again. I've been wanting to get back into a Tacoma since the day I sold my old one.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Let me guess...You & the wife are looking for a 4 door vehicle as you are planning to start a family. Its just gonna be a mall crawler with an occasional trip off the pavement for the mt. bikes.

We bought a 2wd Xterra back in 02- We took it to the beach last year and since I am so use to drving a 4wd I didn't think much of it and managed to get stuck in the soft sand.

Based on Houston's market- there should be little differnce between pricing a Prerunner & 4wd counterpart. Especially for used vehicles. In that case- I'd get the 4wd.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let me guess...You & the wife are looking for a 4 door vehicle as you are planning to start a family. Its just gonna be a mall crawler with an occasional trip off the pavement for the mt. bikes.
Well, we actually have a little girl who will be one on May 26th. So we've been putting the Corolla to the test and using it for everything. We would have to take two cars if we needed the truck. So the Double Cab works great.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
grillmasterp said:
lol-
19 month old son & 6 week old daughter

Did you get my PM
Congrats! I didn't even notice I had a PM. Yes, I am game. I'll take em as long as they're not too dinged up. I assume they are black.

-Jeff
No, my son & daughter are not Black

1 - 20 of 24 Posts