TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the middle of building my rear bumper. I want to integrate a "2 inch" reciever into the bumper for a hitch and or recovery shackle. I am currently living in Germany, meaning the steel im buying is sold in metric sizes. Im pretty sure I have the right stuff for the reciever, but want to be sure.

What is the actual INSIDE width/height of the receiver portion? Is the inside dimension 2" or is the outside dimension 2"? I just want to be sure before I burn this shit into the bumper for good and it turns out being too small.

I have no vehicles around here that has one so I can measure.... and Germans have a funky ass hitch system that looks nothing like ours...

help....

~James

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also need to know how far back from the end I need to drill the hole for the Hitch pin? distance from end of reciever to center of hole.

~James

·
Registered
191 Posts
i have a hidden hitch brand reciever on my truck and the inside deminsion is 2" and the hole for the pin is 2 1/2" from the front to the center

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My hitch is 2.075 inside and the pin is .625 dia and is located 2.5 inches back from the edge.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
germany?? story here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts