TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many members are still here from the Delphi days? Just wondering since I was lurking.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
This thing says my join date was in 2004 but I think the Delphi board was earlier than that. I think I joined sometime in 97 or 98, shortly after I got the truck.
I took the NorCal group on its first offroad trip ever although it was only to the Hollister Off Road Park. Still we had a lot of fun and many were hooked and picked up the habit.

I don't even see the charter member list anywhere on the site anymore. Now it's all just business and advertising. Back then it was specific to Tacomas and off roading because there was no where else to go. There was nothing in the aftermarket for us so we had to do a lot of stuff on our own.

·
Administrator
18,243 Posts
Toyota Territory Off-Roaders Association (TTORA)
CHARTER MEMBERS
1 Shannon Brookshire Montbelvieu, TX
2 Mike Ingles Buckingham, PA
3 Justin Brashear Inverness, FL
4 James Orrand Nashville, TN
5 Kevin Rey Springfield, UT
6 Don Lowrey Sierra Vista, AZ
7 Dan Medley (didn't list city), VA
8 Bea McWilliams San Diego, CA
9 Laura Hamlin Merrimack, NH
10 Opal Conley Shadow Hills, CA
11 Mark Stubble Monticello, NY
12 John Normington Putnam, CT
13 Jeff Mendoza Livonia, MI
14 Rick Thompson Yankton, SD
15 Shawn Roots Silverdale, WA
16 Constantine Thanas Brooklyn, CT
17 Dale Houle Hegesville, WV
18 Mario Ciaralli Houston, TX
19 Doug Gwaltney Chandler, AZ
20 Rob Hall Rapid City, SD
21 Dick Foster Los Gatos, CA
22 Mike Burbank Phoenix, AZ
23 Ian Perry Bonners Ferry, ID
24 George Lukey (didn't list city or state)
25 Zac Alexander Big Lake, MN
26 Kevin Rotrock Oregon City, OR
27 Jim St.Claire San Rafael, CA
28 Mike Marquez Seattle, WA
29 Rudy Perez Los Angeles, CA
30 Leo Goriss Coral Springs, FL
31 Dez Garcia San Diego, CA
32 Kevin Hull Englewood, CO
33 Mike King Raynham, MA
34 Chris Caldwell Chattanooga, TN
35 Marcus Lauren Maui, HI
36 Jade Brink Edwards, CO
37 Paul Yelk Montgomery, AL

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I see I was #21, earlier than I thought. Where did you get that, are you a hoarder?
Are there any other charter members still around? I think even Shannon may be gone now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coming out of retirement on Showstop's suggestion - last time I logged in here was 2009. I didn't really make the transition from Delphi to vBulletin.

·
7,735 Posts
I was on delphi but not active at all. You all scared me off (for 4 years) when someone broke something on the only trail run I went on.

Here's something from the old days...

Date: May 8, 2003 10:13:39 PM MDT
To: [email protected]
To: Doug <[email protected]>
Subject: [TTORA] Monster Garage Saturday May 10th

Good evening everyone. This Saturday (May 10th) we will be transforming NorCal member Anthony\'s Tacoma into a hard-core wheeling machine. We\'ll be torching off the stock suspension and installing a Dana 44 solid axle up front. If you would like to participate, or just come to watch, the address is: SemiQuip Inc. 1249-T Dell Ave. Campbell, CA 95008 Thank you to NorCal member Dick Foster for arranging the shop space and tools! Also thanks to Bentup.com for fab work and IFS removal! We\'ll be starting at about 9AM and finishing when the truck is driveable. If you have any questions please email Anthony: mailto:[email protected] See ya there! Mike Ross NorCal TTORA Prez mailto:[email protected] http://www.toy4x4.net/ To be removed from this list, please send email to [email protected].

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I remember being really excited about getting the cool color truck in my profile. I also can't believe it has been this long since the Delphi transition. I think I was on there for a month or 2 before the move.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
We called those wrenchathons. We'd do a SAS swap in someone's driveway in one day as long as they had the axle ready to roll. As I remember Yunny's, after the swap the front was all jacked up to the sky but the rear was still factory and in the weeds. It looked funny as hell but it drove so we were done.

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Delphi member since January 20, 2003, just after I bought the Tacoma. My first trip with TTORA was October 24 - 26, 2003, Joshua Tree.

Still have the same truck, within 400 miles of 200K but it is no longer the daily driver. It still gets out to play, two weeks ago Anza Borrego, last weekend Big Bear and in about a month Butte Valley.

The Delphi world was better in a way. The forum is cluttered with adds and stuff now.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts