TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Januaryish 99, I remember the logo contest. Bought the truck new in March 99, 250K ago.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Haven't been on here in a long time, came back recently on a parts search.

Was a delphi member for a couple of months at least.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm still kicking and still driving my 2001 Taco almost daily. That said, summer is almost here and it's cruising weather, so I'll be spending more time in the IROC Z for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Still here, but don't visit or post as much. Joined around '99 after I got my '99 Prerunner. My first run was in '00 at Shiloh Ridge where I met Shannon and discovered just how limited a 2wd was in slick muddy hills. Eventually got a 4wd in '05 after the switch from Delphi and was able to go on more trails and have more fun.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I started visiting sometime in 02,03. Went on a few trail rides in the Alabama chapter but most people moved off, sold vehicles, families took over.
We had a couple meet and greets at a members home who was very nice. One guy did everyones grey wire mod there. He had prepared and cut the wires to length already. I was happy as I hate dealing with electronic stuff on vehicles though it seemed simple.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Last time I logged in was in 2015... but I was there on Delphi in 99'. Crazy, it's been 17 years. Then I was a shithead kid w/ no ambition. Now I'm a father of 2 beautiful girls & an ICU nurse. It's funny where life takes us.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Dont think i joined on delphi, but I joined in 2005, so I would consider myself as "old"

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
2005 is hardly old, that's the year Toyota screwed Tacoma up and made it look like a Dodge. I think they also moved Tacoma production to Mexico in 2005.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Good to see some old names still posting around here.

I haven't posted here in a very long time....I do still lurk around once in a while (as you can see :flipoff1: )

I still have contact with a few old members from the National Takeover days...however it appears TTORA isn't such a 'hopping' place anymore...

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Coming out of retirement on Showstop's suggestion - last time I logged in here was 2009. I didn't really make the transition from Delphi to vBulletin.
He's alive!!!!

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Last time I logged in was in 2015... but I was there on Delphi in 99'. Crazy, it's been 17 years. Then I was a shithead kid w/ no ambition. Now I'm a father of 2 beautiful girls & an ICU nurse. It's funny where life takes us.
one of your kids is an ICU nurse?

:p

·
Registered
340 Posts
I poke my head in every few years or so for old times sake. Time flies! I still have my 2001 extra-cab but retired it from daily driver duties a few years ago.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I started as a lurker back in September '04 when I bought my truck, and signed up with an actual account in October '05. Don't think it was Delphi back then, but been a solid chunk of time passed since then with the same truck. Still loving it and way more than when I first got it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I joined 07-17-2006, so it was not the delphi days. But I had been lurking for a few years prior to that, so I remember guys from the old delphi days posting how great the old delphi days were lol.

At the time I was in TX and i got to wheel with Shannon and a bunch of great people that were very active in that area.

After I joined my biggest worry was to learn how to fit 32" tires with a basic spacer kit :D

Now I have a 3-link SAS on 40"s a :eek:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I'm about a year late. But a Delphi member. Recently received an email from someone wondering why the pictures from a 2010 thread of Phil's weren't working. Had to log on to let to let him know sometimes pictures just don't last 7 years in cyberspace :)
Hope all you guys are good - I see Wes finally became a nurse. LOL I still have a Lower for ya buddy! LOL

Chris - I still owe you a beer. Hope your dad is still doing alright. Offer still stands if he needs anything around this neck of the woods, you let me know please.

Still have the old TLT 4Runner - unfortunately the only time it gets driven is when my 8yr old and 4yr old want to go wheelin on our property. We had a weird NW winter and I did drive it for a few weeks during the snow, which was kind of nice.
Would love to get our wheeling more, but life got hectic with kids and work :-/
Sure miss the board - I don't have any others really I belong to besides ARFcom lol.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
I'm about a year late. But a Delphi member. Recently received an email from someone wondering why the pictures from a 2010 thread of Phil's weren't working. Had to log on to let to let him know sometimes pictures just don't last 7 years in cyberspace :)
Hope all you guys are good - I see Wes finally became a nurse. LOL I still have a Lower for ya buddy! LOL

Chris - I still owe you a beer. Hope your dad is still doing alright. Offer still stands if he needs anything around this neck of the woods, you let me know please.

Still have the old TLT 4Runner - unfortunately the only time it gets driven is when my 8yr old and 4yr old want to go wheelin on our property. We had a weird NW winter and I did drive it for a few weeks during the snow, which was kind of nice.
Would love to get our wheeling more, but life got hectic with kids and work :-/
Sure miss the board - I don't have any others really I belong to besides ARFcom lol.
Ha, Dad got snowed in a while back for 2 days. (nw 35th st) had to wait for the roads to get plowed and hired a local kid to clear his driveway. He took a couple tries getting up the slight hill and out...to get the snow tires mounted on his car, LOL

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Ha, Dad got snowed in a while back for 2 days. (nw 35th st) had to wait for the roads to get plowed and hired a local kid to clear his driveway. He took a couple tries getting up the slight hill and out...to get the snow tires mounted on his car, LOL
LOL - the Portland snowpocalypse. Portland area shut down for like 7 days, it was crazy!! The elected hippies refused to use salt and pretty much just sat around and watched the roads...very slowly, melt. Everyone was pretty pissed off lol. Didn't matter to me on a personal level, we have 2 rigs that had no problem getting around. But our business had 20 trucks grounded - and that wasn't cool. :-/

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
LOL - the Portland snowpocalypse. Portland area shut down for like 7 days, it was crazy!! The elected hippies refused to use salt and pretty much just sat around and watched the roads...very slowly, melt. Everyone was pretty pissed off lol. Didn't matter to me on a personal level, we have 2 rigs that had no problem getting around. But our business had 20 trucks grounded - and that wasn't cool. :-/
Libs...the bane of existence...

21 - 40 of 77 Posts