TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Coming out of retirement on Showstop's suggestion - last time I logged in here was 2009. I didn't really make the transition from Delphi to vBulletin.
So this is basically the same story as me. Last post was in 2009. I guess my interests shifted more to traveling. Still in Hawaii and running the same Taco, and still married to the wonderful woman I met as a result of the connection made on Delphi forums between the TTORA group and Jenn's Just Have Fun group. I see at least one person here who came to our wedding. Good Times.

Ultimately I popped in here because one of my SAW coilovers is failing and I needed some info.

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
So this is basically the same story as me. Last post was in 2009. I guess my interests shifted more to traveling. Still in Hawaii and running the same Taco, and still married to the wonderful woman I met as a result of the connection made on Delphi forums between the TTORA group and Jenn's Just Have Fun group. I see at least one person here who came to our wedding. Good Times.

Ultimately I popped in here because one of my SAW coilovers is failing and I needed some info.
Rick!

When you gonna get some 14" wide rims on that truck? :D

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rick!

When you gonna get some 14" wide rims on that truck? :D
Ah yes, we are famous for the deep rims and stretched tires. Costco wouldn't mount my 33 x 12.50's. But it was because my rims were too narrow, only 8". Had to go to 4Wheel jerks.

My other favorite here is all the fancy $4000+ lifts people do here and then never get a front driveshaft.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Still here but only for another 24 hrs........

Im gonna miss the websit that saved my opinion of the internet about 17 yrs ago..........wow time

flies.........and GETTING OLD SUCKS!! Life is short so Have Fun!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
2017 check in

It has been since 2009 since the last time I signed in! I actually thought I was done with this when Shannon sold the site! but hey! old habits die hard! LOL

who else is around here? any one? bueller? bueller?

Ha ha ha!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just came back in search of some tech info to get my truck smogged. Been a loooooooooong time since I've been on otherwise.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
It has been since 2009 since the last time I signed in! I actually thought I was done with this when Shannon sold the site! but hey! old habits die hard! LOL

who else is around here? any one? bueller? bueller?

Ha ha ha!
holy crap...thought you were dead :p

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Just came back in search of some tech info to get my truck smogged. Been a loooooooooong time since I've been on otherwise.
tech info? here?

:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Every two year hell smog test. I feel your pain. What's not passing? I have a brand new in the box cat you can borrow if you want.

Regards,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hey Mike. My rig has been a non op'd paper weight for a while. I had to get a new airbox, problem is in 1999 they changed the MAF setup so my 97 MAF wont work with it. I have to swap in a 99 MAF and tweak the pin out harness so it all works.

·
Registered
682 Posts
While I'm not an OG Delphi member my join date is 11/13/2006, so that's worth something isn't it? I still have my truck too! Last login: 1/4/2010... Holy crap.

I started posting a lot more on Pirate and got tired of the endless "Will 32's rub on my stock wheels with a 1.75" leveling kit on my new 4Runner?" and "check out my new wet okole seat covers" threads. Started losing motivation on the truck after a bad break-up in 2011 and lost all motivation after the motor blew in 2012. Got a new one swapped in and haven't done much with it since.

Anyone seen SurfingDrunk?

·
Registered
501 Posts
wow. I stumbled in here while searching for some chatter on an incident and saw this thread with a lot of names I know! Names that are associated with lots of good memories too! I originally signed up around April or May 2003 and things were definitely different. Slowly got to know the NorCal group before hitting the trails with them for the first time. Once I got going and comfortable with the group I had a lot of fun and got to see a lot of cool places.

Still have my truck and it's still my daily driver. It doesn't really get any play time anymore as now a days when I'm not working I'm pretty focused on my photography and as I've been getting pretty serious about it recently. I've come a long ways since those days of shooting everything on the trails. I owe thanks to some of you here for the early on encouragement that got me started on the photography trail! :)

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
wow. I stumbled in here while searching for some chatter on an incident and saw this thread with a lot of names I know! Names that are associated with lots of good memories too! I originally signed up around April or May 2003 and things were definitely different. Slowly got to know the NorCal group before hitting the trails with them for the first time. Once I got going and comfortable with the group I had a lot of fun and got to see a lot of cool places.

Still have my truck and it's still my daily driver. It doesn't really get any play time anymore as now a days when I'm not working I'm pretty focused on my photography and as I've been getting pretty serious about it recently. I've come a long ways since those days of shooting everything on the trails. I owe thanks to some of you here for the early on encouragement that got me started on the photography trail! :)
Hic!
:grin2:

·
Registered
680 Posts
was on Delphi, but not for long seem the switch to Vb happened not long after.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts