TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys keep your eye out for an old FJ that is semi built (or stock) I am in the market for a new trail rig.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
you sell the f-toy?

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is an extremely good possibility the ftoy will be going to live in north mississippi in a week or so. If I buy another rig it will be turn key unless it is cheap and close! I want something that's not really common

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
There is an extremely good possibility the ftoy will be going to live in north mississippi in a week or so. If I buy another rig it will be turn key unless it is cheap and close! I want something that's not really common
toyota corolla or one of the toyota vans that are 4wd :saw::welder::lmao:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a stock FJ40 1978 for sale.

31X10.50s
Holley Carb with Header
Needs paint minor rust issues
Soft top good shape
Hard top needs work

$3500

Jay Johnson

·
Happy, Happy, Happy
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hate to break the news to you but fj40s are more common then f-toys :D
and? i didn't say i wanted something that was one of a kind, i said I wanted something that wasn't very common. Hell, FToy's are extremely common around here. I see at least one every day. i don't know anyone with a 40, so to me that's not very common. my plan is for a 40 on rockwells, rear steer, at least a 350, linked front and rear, 42 or larger tires. I have ideas, just need a base to start with.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
and? i didn't say i wanted something that was one of a kind, i said I wanted something that wasn't very common. Hell, FToy's are extremely common around here. I see at least one every day. i don't know anyone with a 40, so to me that's not very common. my plan is for a 40 on rockwells, rear steer, at least a 350, linked front and rear, 42 or larger tires. I have ideas, just need a base to start with.

You want uncommon ?????

How about a T100 ??? :D

(not mine, get yer own)

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There is a stock one for sale in East Bernard. I noticed it a few weeks ago. It appears to be in good shape (at least from the road). I will check it out this weekend to get you specifics if you want: price, condition, rust, engine/trans/tcase, etc. It appears to be mostly stock except its painted OD greenish. No hardtop was on it. I know the guy (I went to school with his daughter).

For the record, you dont see many a first gen truck on the trail anymore, but we know you already went that route. A FJ-40 on rocks would be fucking awesome.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Call Javier @ GCCS. He's always got fj40s running through there. I think you should make an fj60 like this one:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts