TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was the first weekend old stage road became open! Lots of jeeps along with cops pulling over anyone without proper plates. We had a small group of rigs. Just a fun day out and got to see what the beast can do.

We found a few puddles to play in.

Then went for a group photo!

Lunch

Then played around and when the weather really changed we headed home

Then one last group shot! Overall a good day!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys; glad to see it's open again. Nice flex on the Beast too. :cool:

I poked around Little Moab... nothing fancy:

...and I forgot which trail actually goes to the wall/obstacle place. Duh.

·
20,355 Posts
Cool Jay, I will keep that in mind. Your truck going to be done by Labor day weekend?

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Cool Jay, I will keep that in mind. Your truck going to be done by Labor day weekend?
shit I hope so. but at this point life is piling up to the point where I cant keep my head on straight so who knows

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Old Stage is OPEN but there is a gate on the east side; I'm guessing it's to limit traffic during the week when construction is happening. Today I drove in from the west side and there was one sign saying "road closed 16 miles ahead" but that didn't stop me. I went to Bull Park then hooked into whatever that trail is 379? 376? that goes past the meadow where a bunch of fuck sticks were bogging. Seriously, F350s and Ram d-cabs mudding like it was the midwest. Fuck sticks.
Bull Park was pretty torn up on the first uphill section; just past the "road washed out ahead" sign... go figure. After that it was just as bumpy as I remembered it; no issues.
Eagle Rock was another story; there's been a lot of work done to the entrance just off Old Stage to try and keep dipshits on the trail. So far there's evidence of 1 or 2 idiots being high-centered and spinning tires on some of those berms. Further up I ran into a dozen or more Heeps who were busy circle-jerking eachother instead of spotting eachother. It was just before the major right turn, and they were backed up to the little turn-around/fire pit area. The old bypass is washed way out and they told me there were several OTHER Heeps ahead of them... I didn't wait around to see the circus, so I went home.

Buncha idjits...

So Old Stage is open, but there is that gate thing on the east entrance... unless you want to drive out to Victor, you may not be able to run it during the week.

Now you know, you're welcome. :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
My bad Jason. I didn't do a very good job of telling anyone. I will do a better job next time.
Fail! I've been wanting to do this trail too but wasn't sure when it opened. I would have been there if you said something. :(

Going to go check the status of the gate again and maybe see if there is a number to call and ask about when it opens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
Ice Horse
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing