TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better for off roading, stock vs stock, the early years (95.5 to 04) or the late years 05+)? I'll probably be doing more sand compared to actual big rock climbing.

thanxx

·
Registered
870 Posts
i dont like 05+ i could sit here all night...
longer
bigger
heavier
longer wheelbase (tight trails)
dial t-case shifter instead of stick
weak rear R&P (heard they fixed it on the 07's though)
less ground clearance
one piece bed (composite is nice but what happens when you smash a bedside)
no provisions for manual hubs up front and probably wont be
doesn't accept large diam. tires very well, lots of rubbing from what ive heard(although Wyatt would disagree)
and i just dont find them too aesthetically pleasing

they do have a great motor and a few other things, and it is a yota

disclaimer:
just my opinions, if you have an 05+ don't get offended i don't expect you to like my 02

·
Registered
892 Posts
I honestly don't see any other differences in wheeling the newer versus the older rigs...other than:

Daily driver or not
Payments
Expense to fix or repair....

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I would think the '05+ w/V6 would kill an older Tacoma "in the sand more-so." So much torque compared even with the 3.4L SC. The question is: With which one wiil it hurt more dragging it along that sand to get it flipped back over?

·
Registered
195 Posts
trdtacostand04 said:
and i just dont find them too aesthetically pleasing
Preach on. That alone is enough reason to not get one.

Back on topic, I think the size of the newer tacoma defeats the purpose of why they even made trucks. There used to be little and big. Now there is not-as-little and big.

I love my reg cab. It is like an atv with a heater :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
your post has nothing to do with tech. post this in offtopic or the newbie folder. or better yet dont post at all because that question has been beaten to death here already and if you had done a search you would find all the answers you could ever need regarding this comparison. try it.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
ljschnel said:
I would think the '05+ w/V6 would kill an older Tacoma "in the sand more-so." So much torque compared even with the 3.4L SC.
:bs: ive taken them, also 4 runners with the v8

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
drabnor said:
:bs: ive taken them, also 4 runners with the v8

damn! I'm guessin your reppin the SC?

·
Registered
89 Posts
i could probably search for specs, but i don't feel like it :D are you saying the 05+ taco has more torque than the pre-05 3.4L S/C? i'd think to initially call bs, but then again i don't know the specs either....

·
Registered
101 Posts
PathBlazerTRD said:
i could probably search for specs, but i don't feel like it :D are you saying the 05+ taco has more torque than the pre-05 3.4L S/C? i'd think to initially call bs, but then again i don't know the specs either....
:doh:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
damn! I'm guessin your reppin the SC?
yep, trd s/c, urd fuel kit, urd a/f cal., urd 2.2" pulley, supra maf, lev 10 vb upgrade, blah blah blah...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
old
cheaper and id be paranoid of dinging the new ones.
the 4 door 05+'s are long like semi trucks. just an observation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts