TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the Olympus PRO LED bars? I am thinking about getting a 42" spot for the roof, 30" flood for the front bumper and something (don't know what size, yet) for the rear of my cargo basket for backing up and camping. Looking for some feedback about how they are and how people like them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you don't get any feed back look into totron, or henma's. same company put out some awesome lights, i have 3 led bars on my truck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm rocking a Hanma 30" bar on the front of mine, it cost me $250 shipped. If you're looking for a single row bar, they also make those.
Visit www.hanma-auto.com

Check it out:

Here is a video I made, the camera doesn't do the light any justice but gives you idea of the output:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQPFWtd51jY&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the posting the pics and vid. Seems like the spot is more of a driving pattern compared to a spot HID. I am thinking that the CREE LED bars have better output?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I just got my 40 inch hanma wired and can tell you there is absolutely no reason to have two big forward facing bars. The 40 inch is stupid bright and actually sucks when you have to turn it off and drive with your headlights I tried lastnight and had to use my high beams cause my vision was so screwed from using the led bar

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you go here he is like a totron walking commercial. i don't have action shots from mine but dave in that link has nothing but totrons and once you see the pics you will see why people use them.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Thanks for the posting the pics and vid. Seems like the spot is more of a driving pattern compared to a spot HID. I am thinking that the CREE LED bars have better output?
The spot pattern is great because it throws subtle light all around you, I think with the combo beam it messes up your distance vision with all the close up light so I'm glad I went with spot.

The bar I am using uses CREE LEDs, the manufacturer has been working hard to update these lights, right now they're saying --from what I've been told by some inside guys-- that their newest lights (like mine) have 94% output efficiency. Like I said, the video doesn't do the light justice. It's f***ing bright. Dollar for dollar you won't get this kind of output with any other light I've encountered so far.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
The spot pattern is great because it throws subtle light all around you, I think with the combo beam it messes up your distance vision with all the close up light so I'm glad I went with spot.

The bar I am using uses CREE LEDs, the manufacturer has been working hard to update these lights, right now they're saying --from what I've been told by some inside guys-- that their newest lights (like mine) have 94% output efficiency. Like I said, the video doesn't do the light justice. It's f***ing bright. Dollar for dollar you won't get this kind of output with any other light I've encountered so far.
where did you buy the hanma lights at? which wattage did you get?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
where did you buy the hanma lights at? which wattage did you get?
I bought the 30" bar. Part # HML-BC2180. 180 watts.

I got in on a group buy with a friend in my club. You can contact the manufacturer directly to buy a "sample" if you act like you are inquiring about becoming a dealer, which has no limits on quantities. After that though, you have to order a minimum quantity of each light to fulfill an order. Which necessitates the group buys.

Lots of other places online probably sell them for retail, but they don't tell their customers that it's a Hanma light bar. Otherwise you'd have customers digging up pricing information from the manufacturer and figuring out the retailer marked the bars up quite a bit.

Your best bet is to email Hanma and go the "dealer" route and order a sample bar(s). Just make sure you get what you want initially, otherwise they'll put minimum qty limits on you on subsequent orders. You'll have to bear with their middle school English though since they're Chinese. Just keep the wording simple.

Good luck, and sorry for the late response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts