TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I experience cv boot problems running the OME 881 - N91sc set up with ADD??? My understanding is that the lift will give ~ 2" of lift which from what I have read is the maximum lift of this "type" for Tacos with ADD. Can anyone confirm or deny this please? I want to lift my truck but I don't want to be replacing cv boots all the time either. Thanks for all the help and advice.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I will be ibstalling them on mine and it really isn't a problem. They will settle after installing them, I was going to put 882's on with m 4 cylinder but decided to go with the 881's since I dont' have a heavy bumper or winch. Don't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
What year, body (std cab, ext cab, dbl cab etc...) V-6 or 4 cyl?????

·
Registered
479 Posts
I run a 3" Revtek coil spacer on my 2003 w/ ADD and I haven't run into any problems yet. I installed the diff drop spacer and my fins don't really touch that much at all. You should be okay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TacoCrazy said:
What year, body (std cab, ext cab, dbl cab etc...) V-6 or 4 cyl?????
03 Xtra cab TRD

What size tires should this allow clearance for? Could I get away with a 32X11.5??
Thanks for all the advice guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brent13 said:
What is ADD???? Anyone have a good write up on the OME system. Where can the system be purchased?

Thanks,
Brent
ADD allows for shift on the fly 4WD, meaning you don't have to lock your hubs to go into 4WD. This means that the CV's are constantly turning up front whether you are in 4WD or not. When you increase the angle of the CV boots (which is what lifts of this nature do) they tend to rub more leading to pre mature failure of your CV boots. Here is a link to purchase OME set up:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts