TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've finally narrowed my front end lift options down to the 3" Toytec Front OME 881 Coil Kit. Seems like a reasonable comprimise between coil spacers and coilovers. How does everyone feel about the OME shocks that are fitted with these coils (I'm worried about the nitrogen loosing its charge over time)? I'm actually considering getting the OME coils fit to Bilstein 5100's. I've heard alot of good things about the bilsteins. Can this be done, and are any of you running the OME coils over different shocks? Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have OME 882's with OME shocks and love it. The OME shocks are valved specifically for the OME coils which is an added benefit of sticking with OME.

But if someone has run OME coils with other shocks chime in.

·
Registered
324 Posts
5100's are also gas charged shocks. nitorgen is a very stable gas and i wouldn't worry about it loosing its "charge". i went with ome due to pricing and the fact that they are valved for the ome coils. but you cant go wrong with bilsteins either.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i have 881s with bil hds and love them. rides good on and off road and the have not sagged at all in the year ive had them on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not familiar with bilstein hd's. could you give me a part number or series number that I could use to look these shocks up with? do you know the travel of these shocks? Thanks!

·
Registered
838 Posts
the hds are the 5100 series (which i just found out). check out toyteclifts.com, they sell them for $180. keep in mind you will also need new rubber isolators and what not that you will have to get from toyota.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts