TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am currently installing the front suspension on my yota. I am having trouble getting the new 882 coils in the truck. Anybody got any suggestions on how to pry the control arms down to get it in there? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Disconnect the sway bar (if you havnt already) and get a fat friend and have em push down on the wheel hub and squeeze it in there. It will go trust me I had the same problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
get a 2x4 about 3 and half feet long stick it in between the bump stop and the part of the frame where the lower a arm mounts and push down put the shock in if the shock eye is twisted just a bit use a pipe wrench to turn it the bolt should slide in. i have installed about ten taco and four runner lifts and one on a an tundra and this always works. just dont let the board slip out and slap you while you are sticking the bolt in. disconnect the sway bar to.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Use the bottle jack. Flip it upside down where the base is on the top of the wheel well abd the top part of the jack is on the castle nut. Then just crank it down. Easy.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Use the bottle jack. Flip it upside down where the base is on the top of the wheel well abd the top part of the jack is on the castle nut. Then just crank it down. Easy.
X2.

First time I did my truck, I was standing on the spindle while I had my buddy slip in the coil!

Bottle jack makes it oh so easy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please help!!! I cannot get the hanger pin bolt out of the front of my leaf on the right side to save my life! Any suggestions??

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Please help!!! I cannot get the hanger pin bolt out of the front of my leaf on the right side to save my life! Any suggestions??
Did you get the nut off?

Not being a smartass, but just wondering if you can't get the nut off or you can't slide the bolt out.

If you can't get the nut out, usually a impact won't work because it just twists the bushing. Your best bet is using a pipe on the end of a breaker bar and using some muscle.

If you can't get the bolt to slide out, take a bfh to it or hit it with your purse.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Are you doing an AAL or a whole leaf pack?

If you're only doing an AAL - you don't need to remove the leaf pack (regardless of what the instructions say).

Here is a couple of good threads on AAL installs.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23882&highlight=AAL+install

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18837

If you're doing a whole new leaf pack, just cut the head of the bolt off and hammer it out. Get a new bolt.

If you can't get the bolt to slide out, take a bfh to it or hit it with your purse.
:rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao:

·
Registered
29 Posts
x2 on cutting the bolt. I just put on Dakars a couple weekends ago and had to do this. Getting the nuts off isn't the problem....the bolt shaft rusts to the bushing sleeve and it is pretty unlikely that you can break it loose.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I have found that removing the leafs is a lot less time consuming and much much easier than having the leafs on the truck...

Also a good time to grease up and use anti-sieze so that later on it will not be a problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help. It was the bolt I was talking about....I hit it with a rubber hammer until my arm fell off and it is not budging.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Thanks for the help. It was the bolt I was talking about....I hit it with a rubber hammer until my arm fell off and it is not budging.
OE shackles? the "bolt" is part of the shackle and doesn't come out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts