TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's first off I love to read post about the things I am interested in doing to my truck. This website is hands down the best method for gathering ideas and information. Thanks to those who helped me on some posts. I don't post here much do to the constant flame throwing :D but I guess we all get alittle torched at one time or another. lol. I've done some research on lifting my truck 2.5". I want to keep the best ride possible and not cause premature wear on my cv's or ball joints. I have come up with the solution of OME 882's. My plans are to add a winch and my truck is a '04 V6. Before I purchase these is there any last sugestions?

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
If you got the money, I would almost steer in the direction of coilovers. If you are set on the 882s, then go for it. You'll probably end up with about 2" of lift after the winch is put on it and a flexy break in period.

·
Registered
551 Posts
and even after the coils settle to 2" with the bumper, they still may continue to sag depending on how hard you drive your truck. i would spring for some coilovers if you have the $. A brand new pair of SAW 2.0's are only $675 and they will support the extra weight up front muvh better than the OME's over time. Yet, OME is a very reputable product. Keep in mind that with the 882's you are running the risk of premature CV wear as they average 2.75-3" of lift initially. Just make sure you do it right the first time and don;t waste money piecing it together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I wasn't going to add a winch bumper but only do the reese front receiver mod. The winch will be hidden behind the valence. Coilovers are just too expensive for a rig like mine. I will be the first to admit that I drive a "Muddy Mall Cruiser"! Here in Jackson there isn't much offroading except mud and the occational gravel road. I just wanted to have the capabilities of larger tires and a winch when my buddies call me at 2 a.m. drunk saying they are stuck in the mud and the girls have to get home soon. :D

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Springs are consumables, they all sag- even the ones on coilovers.

The life of the spring is directly related to the load supported and the amount of cycling the suspension goes through.

882's will be fine for your application.
agreed, but if you plan on putting an aftermarket bumper like an ARB or something, OME if not for you. It is posted here and on toyotec that if you want a big aftermarket bumper, OME isnt for you

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I endorse the OME 882s and OME shocks.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
agreed, but if you plan on putting an aftermarket bumper like an ARB or something, OME if not for you. It is posted here and on toyotec that if you want a big aftermarket bumper, OME isnt for you
Mudd Butt, why don't you tell us about your personal, current and relevant knowledge and experience with the product being discussed, instead of repeating snippets of other peoples opinions or a spacer vendor's sales pitch.

FYI, ARB/OME does not recommend or endorse the use of spacers on any of their springs, except for a single trim packer no greater than 10mm.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If the 882s w/o winch bumper are even close to what I ended up with from my 886s w/ARB and winch, they'll work out great for you. They netted me exactly 2" lift and the ride is truly incredible. Do it!

However, 2.0 SAWs are lingering in my thoughts. Time will tell. I've got 4 trim packers in reserve for sagging and when that occurs I'll make the decision. But I like the OME system so much I may just stick with 886s instead of upgrading to SAWs.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I run 882 springs with a heavy tube bumper, winch and skid plates. I have not had any issues with the springs not not being able to support the weight.

Jacque

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO, if it works, use it. The biggest benefit to running SAW's, or Hoes is the adjustability factor. With the OME set up, you still have to take the CO out to add trim packers, if they sag, or don't give you the lift you want. Bottom line, what's your time worth?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to order tonight. Thanks for the support. In the rear I plan on a AAL set up. I will try to take some pics of the truck before and after adding the lift and winch on the front and the AAL with a winch in the rear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts