TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all 2005-2007 DC owners has anyone installed the ome 884/885 coils without the top plate spacers, if so how much lift did you get from just the coils? Also if you have any pictures with this setup please post them so I could see the stance/rake. I am running 275/70R16 reveo's and just want to level out the front. Thanx

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827702/1

·
Registered
65 Posts
These are the pictures from when I had the 885's without the spacers, with the long add a leaf, and 265/70/17 BFG's. I had one inch difference between the front and back (back being higher). I would suspect if you just put the 885's on without the aal then you would be about half an inch higher in the front. I do not know what the 884's will do for you, but do know that they are the same legnth with different spring rates.

·
Registered
704 Posts
gixxer said:
These are the pictures from when I had the 885's without the spacers, with the long add a leaf, and 265/70/17 BFG's. I had one inch difference between the front and back (back being higher). I would suspect if you just put the 885's on without the aal then you would be about half an inch higher in the front. I do not know what the 884's will do for you, but do know that they are the same legnth with different spring rates.

Good info, bro!

·
Registered
517 Posts
gixxer said:

so that pic is w/o the add-a-leaf and the coils or the coils with the add-a-leaf?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually the 884 and 885 has the same spring rate. The 885 coil is just 10mm longer than the 884. That should translate to 3/4 - 1" more height when installed with the leverage of the A-arms.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
bulldog said:
Actually the 884 and 885 has the same spring rate. The 885 coil is just 10mm longer than the 884. That should translate to 3/4 - 1" more height when installed with the leverage of the A-arms.
I thought it was the 886 that was longer?

·
Registered
76 Posts
^ i'm pretty sure that info is wrong, but maybe i'm just wrong. but i'm pretty sure the 885 are noticably stiffer than the 884 coils. and the ride height is supposed to bevery similar after break-in and sag. that's the first time i've heard they have the same spring rate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The picture is with the aal installed. The 885's are typically used on the double cabs and rigs using an aftermarket front bumper. The 885's are stiffer than the 884's. I do not have any experience with the 886's, but if they follow the conventional OME theme then they would be a stiffer spring rate yet and provide for more lift (also not confirming if they fit or not).

I purchased the full OME (includes new shocks) kit from Toyota of Dallas (trdparts4u). I also purchased new strut/coilover mounts to make my installation easier. Give these guys a call they will answer all of your questions.

·
Registered
450 Posts
886 COILS 18MM BAR DIAMETER
402MM FREE HEIGHT
11.4 WRAPS
660 LBF/IN SPRING RATE

885 COILS 17MM BAR DIAMETER
395MM FREE HEIGHT
10.6 WRAPS
590 LBF/IN SPRING RATE

884COILS 17MM BAR DIAMETER
385 FREE HEIGHT
10.6 WRAPS
590LBF/IN SPRING RATE

I have run the 885s and now run the 886s on my 06 dcab w/ winch and bullbar. The 886s are a much better ride for my configuration, they support the weight much better and firm up the front end so that it does not dive on braking or cornering.

Jacque

·
Registered
65 Posts
What took you so long to chime in Jacque? :D

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just installed 884 without spacers or a rear lift and it leveled the truck nicely not to mention the ride is A LOT better than with a spacer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The_Parts_Guy said:
886 COILS 18MM BAR DIAMETER
402MM FREE HEIGHT
11.4 WRAPS
660 LBF/IN SPRING RATE

885 COILS 17MM BAR DIAMETER
395MM FREE HEIGHT
10.6 WRAPS
590 LBF/IN SPRING RATE

884COILS 17MM BAR DIAMETER
385 FREE HEIGHT
10.6 WRAPS
590LBF/IN SPRING RATE

Jacque
Great info, thanks Jacque! OK now how much lift should we expect for each spring on a stock (no after market bumper or winch) truck. From what reading I have done it looks like:

884 - about 1-1.5 inch lift

885 - about 2 inch lift

886 - about 3? inch lift?

I find it interesting that they make the 884 with just slightly tighter windings than the 885.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
TucsonTRD said:
^ i'm pretty sure that info is wrong, but maybe i'm just wrong. but i'm pretty sure the 885 are noticably stiffer than the 884 coils. and the ride height is supposed to bevery similar after break-in and sag. that's the first time i've heard they have the same spring rate.
Sorry.. this info is wrong... the info that Jacque put out is correct.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
AZPetrak said:
Great info, thanks Jacque! OK now how much lift should we expect for each spring on a stock (no after market bumper or winch) truck. From what reading I have done it looks like:

884 - about 1-1.5 inch lift

885 - about 2 inch lift

886 - about 3? inch lift?

I find it interesting that they make the 884 with just slightly tighter windings than the 885.

What OME claims is 1.75" for each one. But thats stock 884, winch or bumper 885, winch and bumer 886. However they generally run a little tall, as the rear springs are 2.75" springs, and the ARB 05 with 886 winch/bumper and rear dakars looks pretty level...

·
Registered
16 Posts
ah64id said:
What OME claims is 1.75" for each one. But thats stock 884, winch or bumper 885, winch and bumer 886. However they generally run a little tall, as the rear springs are 2.75" springs, and the ARB 05 with 886 winch/bumper and rear dakars looks pretty level...
I recently purchased the ToyTec lift with 885s. I have a stock TACO dbl cab. I did NOT install the spacers above the coil. The 885 coil alone resulted in a lift of 2.25" on my truck. It may settle but nothing as of yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
customfab said:
I recently purchased the ToyTec lift with 885s. I have a stock TACO dbl cab. I did NOT install the spacers above the coil. The 885 coil alone resulted in a lift of 2.25" on my truck. It may settle but nothing as of yet.
Great, thanks for the info, I will be buying a 4x4 DBL cab in the next week or so and want to get a lift on it ASAP, I was considering going with the All-Pro lift but might just go with these, if I could get 2.25" in front and around 2 in the rear I would be very happy. Then I will work on a 1" body lift. This is a similar lift I did on my Rodeo a few years ago and was very happy with the results. Then in a while I will put some 285/75 R16 tires on.

How do you like the ride???? Did you go with the soft or firm shocks? Assuming OME shocks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
customfab said:
Is it a spacer or an isolator???? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
14 Participants
johnecon2001
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing