TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating what lift I want to put on my new taco (upgraded from 96). I didnt lift that, but wanted to lift my 07 DC. I was looking at the toytec lift with the OME coils and the alcan AAL. The only thing I am wondering is how much lift this really gives me.

Toytec claims the 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL has a "full 3 inches" with the OME coil and their top plate spacers. On some websites it says OME's only provide 1.75" of lift. Further down the page it says the spacers provides approx 3/4" inch of lift. So does this mean the lift only gives me 2.5" of lift?

This leads me to another question (since I am clueless), are all OME 885 coils the same, or does it vary by each lift company?

I know I am a newb, but I did search the forum extensivly and could not find my answer, so please don't flame me, I just want a knowledgable response from those who know these things best.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Many of us are wondering the same thing. I am trying to decide between OME coils or the Daystar split spacers for the front. I want 2.5 inches of lift in the front, I would rather be closer to 2 inches than 3 inches of lift.

I remember seeing a thread where someone with a 06 DC got just over 2" of lift from OME885 springs. I have a friend with a FJ that (after settling for a month) got around 2.25 inches of lift from 885s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im in the same boat guys. I want the OME 885's and a 1" AAL and want to stay away from the coil/spacer combos. Looking for the same thing just around a 2" lift.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got 2.5 inches from the 885's and I have an access cab. Buy the Toytec lift and you can use the 0.5 inch spacer or you can take it out in about half an hour. Just place the spacer above the coil bucket and tighten the three nuts on to it. OME coils ride smoother than a spacer lift.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the ome/toytec lift. I did not use the spacer in the front, just the coils, I got right at about 2" of lift with just the coils. The add a leaf gave me right under 2" of lift. I also installed the shims from toytec, no vibs at all. I have 265/70/17's right now, no rub at all, at anytime. Rides good, very impressed. For the money, I don't think you can do better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try bilstin 5100 series preload adjustable front shocks 0-2.5 ride height adjustable. I have them on my tacoma an they work great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts