TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put the 3" ome 881 coil lift w/ aal on my '99 std cab 2.7l. I hear people saying these coils will sag over time. I know all springs will sag over time. Will they start to sag quickly or what? How will i know if it's the springs and not the shocks that are bad. How long will they last if it's just used for mostly highway driving? right now i think the lift is great. rides nice on the highway too.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have had that same setup on my truck for over a year, and haven't noticed any sagging yet. My ARB bumper just came in, so I am getting Donahoes to better handle the weight. Good luck w/ your setup, you'll like it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have practically the same truck as you with the same front set up and have had mine on since Sept. 2006. I've wheeled my rig a handful of times and haven't had any sagging issues. I have a stock front end with a brush guard which only weighs about 80lbs. if that. The OME 881's have roughly a 550lb. spring rating. The stock coils have roughly a 460-480lb spring rating. SAW coilovers have a 650lb. spring rating. If you're concerned about sagging and think you may obtain a heavy aftermarket front bumper and winch, I'd go with the SAW's if your budget is favorable. OME's are good springs though...for the price, you have a good product.

·
Registered
395 Posts
And remember that a shock only keeps the wheels from bouncing off the road. They have nothing to do with supporting the weight of the vehicle. Only the springs do that.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
from what i hear they wear out if u have bumpers and winches hangin off the front of the truck, theyll still do better than stock springs w winch/bumper, but not as good as coilovers due to their higher spring rate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ome

i have had mine on for some time now and love it eventually i will get coilovers, saws or donahoes when i get my bumper/winch but for now the setup is great ps i wouldnt worry about any sagging right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts