TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of new rear springs to replace a broken spring, that give about 2.5" lift. Right now I am running the factory springs with a Pro-Comp AAL.
Has anyone put these on a '96 Tacoma extra cab yet? I am only seeing posts referencing (Yes I did search first) putting them on a '97 and want to make sure there is no difference between the '96 and '97 as far as the rear spring mounts are positioned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i think "thepartsguy" has them on his truck. you have to remove 1 leaf from the pack but i hear they are great. what coils do you have? i just installed the 881's and made a leaf pack for the rears. if i have to buy a set i was thinking on a set of oem 89-94 leafs. and yes 95.5-97 are the same leafs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 881 coils and a TJM bumper and the usual N91s strut so it sits a little bit lower with the TJM weight... I don't have a problem with removing a leaf if that is all that is needed.
But I definitely need a new set... the middle leaf busted and it's sagging bad and since they are the old 3 leaf pack there isn't much left holding the truck up.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I do have the cs019 springs on my 96. Yes you will need to remove one over load leaf, I removed the second from the bottom overload leaf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts