TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of OME struts and the 881 coils assembled and ready to install in my 99. Are they side specific, or do I just grab one and install it.

THanks

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
That's what I have on mine, and I don't remember anything about them being side specific. You should be fine. The driver's side will probably sag more, though.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. I wish our trucks were more balanced so they wouldn't sag like that.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I ended up swapping sides on mine after about 3 mos. and it leveled right up..I guess one sagged more than the other..Worked for me.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got these used so they have settled, hopefully they just go in and sit level.

Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
jtaco1 said:
I have a set of OME struts and the 881 coils assembled and ready to install in my 99. Are they side specific, or do I just grab one and install it.

THanks
no, they are not side specific. OME sells 'trim packers' that are used to compensate for the driver's side droop. One trim added to the driver's side coil pk usually does the trick.

you should get around 2" after they settle.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
which 1's?

hytenor said:
you should get around 2" after they settle.
aight man, I hate to ask this as well, but since your knowledge is so vast, for my ex-cab 2.7 881's would be perfect for about 2" lift right? Cause my front springs are SHIT now. They sag like a biatch! Thanx o' wise 1, :D . Peace, Wes

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
wslytoy said:
aight man, I hate to ask this as well, but since your knowledge is so vast, for my ex-cab 2.7 881's would be perfect for about 2" lift right? Cause my front springs are SHIT now. They sag like a biatch! Thanx o' wise 1, :D . Peace, Wes
from what I've seen they hold about 2" after settling very well...unless you plan on adding a winch bumper or other heavy stuff to the front end ;) they will also take spacers or trim paks much better than the 882s. Travis in Santa Rosa has had them in his truck for a few years with no issues (coils + 1" spacer kit) to clear his 33x10.50s.

"but since your knowledge is so vast"

give me a break, LOL
I do keep a large shovel handy though ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts