TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this from Toyota of Dallas. My lift arrived in two days. Thanks guys. $690 shipped :D

After much contemplating, I decided cost would be the determining factor as to whether I did it, or someone else. I would have to buy / rent spring compressors, buy jack stands and a hydraulic jack, muddle through and have nobody to blame but myself if something went wrong. I let the pros do it this time.

Firestone / Bridgestone, where I got my Destinations did it for $250 and did an alignment immediately after for $70. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. I have peace of mind, too.

Ok, enough blabbing and on with the pictures. It's so, ...... I feel like I had an FJism. :dancing:

Sorry for the dark pics.

Here are some daylight pics. As soon as this Midwest slop clears up I hope to take some better ones.

The last group of pics, I promise :rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fjcruzer said:
Soooo much better! Did you go with 885/895 or 886/896...other?
885/895

No plans for a bumper/winch combo so this is the right set up for me.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
FJ Dragon said:
885/895

No plans for a bumper/winch combo so this is the right set up for me.
If your inspired and get a moment, could you measure your fender clearance on the front (from top of tire to fender) so I can compare it with mine? I'm running 885/895 as well, but have the ARB/winch and have been considering upping to 886, and am curious what the droopage difference is. Thx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fjcruzer said:
If your inspired and get a moment, could you measure your fender clearance on the front (from top of tire to fender) so I can compare it with mine? I'm running 885/895 as well, but have the ARB/winch and have been considering upping to 886, and am curious what the droopage difference is. Thx

I'll go do it now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
fjcruzer said:

6-3/4"

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
the final product looks great!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
hopper said:
The shocks and springs match the paint scheme too. Looks good!
lol i didnt even notice that

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
any flex pics? :)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Burby said:
So out of curiousity, what is your tire to fender clearance with winch/bumper combo?
Somewhere around 6", but I haven't had time to check the difference between Dragon's outside tire diameter and mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts