TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it didn't take us nearly as long as we thought. Partly due taht everything came off with no troubles, we have lots of salt so I thought it was going to be really tough. I noticed that the front end definetly needs an alignment, but that was expected. The ride is better than the worn out factory suspension. The rear sits at about 10" clearance between the tire, and fender. The front was 8 3/4", after I took it for a little ride it settled to 8". I hope the back comes down a bit too. I will have pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
764 Posts
better change that sig asap :D

·
Registered
854 Posts
Congrats! Now get out and get r dirty!

·
Registered
427 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics!!

They were taken with my phone, but its he best I got for now, lol.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Nice! Good choice going with the 881's for a stock front end. I think the snow is the only part of those pics I don't like!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
what part number were your rear leaf's? I know 95-97's were shorder then the 98-04. looks like the springs gave you way to much arch/lift!

Andy

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear leafs gave like 4 inches of lift, and I do haul a wheeler in the back, with it in the back it levels it right out. I know they will settle a little bit too, but for now it just sits higher in the back.
I do not remember the part numbers, but I know the leafs were for the 89-95 Pickup. I had to remove a leaf from it too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
:xbeer1: congrats, looks good. i can't wait to put mine in.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
95taco said:
The rear leafs gave like 4 inches of lift, and I do haul a wheeler in the back, with it in the back it levels it right out. I know they will settle a little bit too, but for now it just sits higher in the back.
I do not remember the part numbers, but I know the leafs were for the 89-95 Pickup. I had to remove a leaf from it too.

see that is exactly what I was afraid of..........I hate having the rear end sitting that much higher........I was real close to buying a set of those springs but I had this sneaking suspicion that the truck would end up like that and your pictures confirm what I thought........I am glad I just stuck the stock 91 leafs in mine.........it sets perfect and they seem to hold added weight well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Full_Tilt_Fud said:
see that is exactly what I was afraid of..........I hate having the rear end sitting that much higher........I was real close to buying a set of those springs but I had this sneaking suspicion that the truck would end up like that and your pictures confirm what I thought........I am glad I just stuck the stock 91 leafs in mine.........it sets perfect and they seem to hold added weight well.
So your truck sits perfectly level? When/if his leafs sag, he'll be sitting level. If your leafs sag, you'll be draggin ass!

·
Registered
78 Posts
tderose said:
So your truck sits perfectly level? When/if his leafs sag, he'll be sitting level. If your leafs sag, you'll be draggin ass!

Will offroad springs with a leaf removed and extra weight carried in the bed sag more or less than a set of stock leafs? I have aftermarket 4 leaf springs in the rear of my 95 tacoma and it sits level, but I don't know if they will sag faster than a pair of off-road leaf springs with leafs removed.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
tderose said:

In theory since my springs are used and broke in they should not sag......and if they do it will be very little........I have a little room they can drop and still be ok........plus if they do sag too bad i can always add a leaf or put on slightly longer shackels..........the whole setup (springs, new bushings, new u-bolts) cost me less than 100$ so I am not in it for much.

I am not trying to talk bad about the posters setup........I am just glad mine was not that way.........personal preference

·
Registered
854 Posts
Full_Tilt_Fud said:
In theory since my springs are used and broke in they should not sag......and if they do it will be very little........I have a little room they can drop and still be ok........plus if they do sag too bad i can always add a leaf or put on slightly longer shackels..........the whole setup (springs, new bushings, new u-bolts) cost me less than 100$ so I am not in it for much.

I am not trying to talk bad about the posters setup........I am just glad mine was not that way.........personal preference
I understand. I didn't mean to come off harsh. I was just confused on why you would rather have a level setup to start out with, but you cleared that up by saying your leafs are already used and broke in, and for less than $100...that's good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts