TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently purchased my first toyota- '99 Tacoma Xtracab v6 Trd 4x4. I bought a lift on craigslist which included :
OME nitrocharger shocks with 883 coils
OME dakar leaf springs W/AAL and some bilstein 9" shocks (5100?)

My question is if I run the 883 coils and the dakar's with the AAL will the ride be too stiff? I'm also worried that there won't be enough down travel in the front because I don't have a bumper/winch. The Leaf springs have 40k mi on them and the 883's have 8k mi on them if that helps.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had 881s (softest of them) and a wheelers off road AAL (on my 99). I installed it new from the box a few years ago. While it road ok, it was crap compared to the factory TRD ride. A lot of people say 'firm but not harsh'. If you ask me it was crap. But it gave me a inch and a half or 2 of lift. Hind sight I should have just bought stock replacement shocks on the back (one blew out so I figured may as well lift it). I didn't have a heavy bumper or winch- just the stock bumper. I used Bilstein 5100 lift shocks for the truck and the 881 spring was on the lowest ride height setting.

So now that my ramble is done, I think the front may be a bit stiff with no additional weight. I suppose it depends how much it has sagged.

I am SAS'ing my truck now so it is completely different. I haven't relocated it yet, but I think the shackle angle getting more vertical with lift hurts the rear suspension a lot when it comes to response rate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts