TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am finally done with my research, but before I buy, I would you too look over what I have found.

1) I have a stock 2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD V6 Extra-Cab with 10.5 x 31" rubber

2) My intention is to maintain ride quality or improve, all the while lifting the
truck 2" or so.

3) My truck is a daily driver, and will probably not see much mud or many
trails.

4) I choose to go with one suppler for everything, to make it simpler
Wheeler's Off-Road.

What I have found is that OME 881's up front and OME 1.5" AAL paired with OME N94 shocks out back, will get me what I want at a reasonable price of $376.5 + SH. Plus an addition $60 for an alignment.

A) I THINK(?) I will be able to find the extra length of brake hose required, by clipping some zip ties holding it against the frame (IS THIS TURE??). (or should I just buy one for $36?)

B) I know that I will need a longer BPV bracket. (I can fab :saw: this one my self)

C) I am not sure if I will need to modify the muffler bracket (IE:make it longer)

Thanks,
steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a AAL and broke it (after years of use). I replaced the entire pack with the OME pack and love them.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Mallow_00_V6TRD said:
I think I am finally done with my research, but before I buy, I would you too look over what I have found.

1) I have a stock 2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD V6 Extra-Cab with 10.5 x 31" rubber

2) My intention is to maintain ride quality or improve, all the while lifting the
truck 2" or so.

3) My truck is a daily driver, and will probably not see much mud or many
trails.

4) I choose to go with one suppler for everything, to make it simpler
Wheeler's Off-Road.

What I have found is that OME 881's up front and OME 1.5" AAL paired with OME N94 shocks out back, will get me what I want at a reasonable price of $376.5 + SH. Plus an addition $60 for an alignment.

A) I THINK(?) I will be able to find the extra length of brake hose required, by clipping some zip ties holding it against the frame (IS THIS TURE??). (or should I just buy one for $36?)

B) I know that I will need a longer BPV bracket. (I can fab :saw: this one my self)

C) I am not sure if I will need to modify the muffler bracket (IE:make it longer)

Thanks,
steve
sounds good for what you plan on doing with the truck.

get the longer rear brake line...you'll need it later when you go taller ;)
and no, its not true.

forget the tailpipe thing..just cut it off.

If your rear springs are worn that AAL will not last long...just a fyi.
if you get your leafpks re-arched at the same time you add the AAL all will be good.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've done nearly the same thing on two Tacos, an 02 x-cab 4cyl 4x4 and my current 04 d-cab 4x4. I'm very happy with the results, especially considering the cost. I did use the OME front struts on both of mine, and would recommend you do the same. Expect a stiffer, but still comfortable ride from the real AALs, go with the stiffer valved shocks ft & r, add one trimpacker to your order for the front (if it will work with the front struts you use). The trimpacker is to help eliminate the drivers side lean that can happen with all non-adjustable suspension kits on a taco. When your installing the parts, look closely at the coils and the AAL. One of each will most likely be a tiny bit taller than the other. Always put the taller one on the drivers side, along with that trimpacker. My 04 sits perfectly level after 2 years, my 02 leaned noticably until I redid my install the way I'm describing.

I've been working the crap out of my d-cab for 2 years now with no problems. 18ft travel trailer and 2 fullsize dirtbikes in the truck all the time. I recently added airbags to level out the load, but even before the bags it worked great.

Wheelers is where I have gotten both of my setups, Great service.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Why not go with the 881's and the OME full Dakar leak packs? You won't be paying too much more, and you'll do it right the first time. I'm not big on add-a-leafs unless your truck is newer or the stock leafs have positive arch. Just as Hytenor suggests, the add-a-leaf will soon break if your stock rear leafs are flat or have negative arch. Wheelers' is OK, but you may want to check out other options as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hytenor said:
forget the tailpipe thing..just cut it off.
x2 on the tailpipe cut-it-off mod. the way i see it, dropping the bracket down only puts stress where you don't want it... i cut mine off so it dumps straight down... worked like a charm, no added stress to manifold, pipes, and flanges, and it was free.

congrats on your future purchase, and have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts