TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone was running the OME rear leaf packs. I was wondering first of all if they hold up good ( i have heard of some rusting and sqeaking out of them), also how they ride, and how they handle towing and pulling a moderate load. I am pretty sure they give you approximately 2.25" of lift... correct me if I am wrong. Any feedback would be good...
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
The OME rear springs was my previous setup and I loved them. When i switched to them I was going from a completly shot stock non trd suspension. They rode like a dream to me. The truck was alot stiffer but not in a harsh way. Alot less dive in turns and they handled bumps/potholes better. They did great in the mild towing I did. And they have 2 overload leafs so load capacity is greatly improved over the stock springs. I had them on the truck for about 11 months and they did develope surface rust. But I think thats expected of just about any leaf spring driven on salted roads. I never heard any sqeaks or other noises. As for lift, they gave my 4cyl 98 std cab a hair under 3" lift after they settled. I have a few pics of them installed if you follow the link below.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have "muddypenguin" Daves old OME spring and am going to be installing them in the next few weeks. Really surface rust is the only problem with them, but a couple good shots of spray paint will take care of that. Thanks again David.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
ine du not squeek but driving on the beach will casue surface rust on a spring. I just wire wheel and recoat them with spray paint every now and then. They have never squeeked and that is one of the things I love about them. My shackles and front leaf eyes are greasable as are the leave pads. Everything stayes lubed and silent, even after a few salty dips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, does anyone have any pics of a Xtra cab or double cab Tacoma with the OME leaf springs on them? On "muddypenguins" pics of his standard cab... that looks like way more than 3" of lift... or mabey its just me.
Thanks

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Here is how mine sat imediately after installing the complete OME suspension. otherwise it is stock in this photo.

This one represents the next step..

That should help you see how it sits on a dbl cab.

·
Registered
73 Posts
jtaco1 said:
I have "muddypenguin" Daves old OME spring and am going to be installing them in the next few weeks. Really surface rust is the only problem with them, but a couple good shots of spray paint will take care of that. Thanks again David.
hell yea! its nice to see they'll be getting use again :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tacoma418 said:
Also, does anyone have any pics of a Xtra cab or double cab Tacoma with the OME leaf springs on them? On "muddypenguins" pics of his standard cab... that looks like way more than 3" of lift... or mabey its just me.
Thanks
lol well I did have a 3" bodylift aswell..or depending on which pics your referring to, a 3" body lift and lift shackles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts