TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 V6 extended cab 4x4 w/ manuel hubs. I have 3" Cornfed spacer (which I don't think I got 3" from) and I am running 33x10.50 bfg. I am planning on fabbing a front bumper and sliders. I am worried that I will have a clearance issue after the added weight. Could I add OME Springs to the front to compenstate for the weight while leaving the spacer in? 881 or 882? If I did this would I need to add OME shocks also? If so which ones?

Thanks

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
duaggie said:
I have a '99 V6 extended cab 4x4 w/ manuel hubs. I have 3" Cornfed spacer (which I don't think I got 3" from) and I am running 33x10.50 bfg. I am planning on fabbing a front bumper and sliders. I am worried that I will have a clearance issue after the added weight. Could I add OME Springs to the front to compenstate for the weight while leaving the spacer in? 881 or 882? If I did this would I need to add OME shocks also? If so which ones?

Thanks
A 3" spacer with OME spring sounds a little much to me. I'm running a 1" with the 881s w/ OME N91s shocks. I'm running a winch and TJM bumper and I'm getting about 21/2"- 3" from this. I think that a 3" spacer with 881 or 882 coils would cause coil bind and a very rough ride....IMHO as always! :welder:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I'm running 882's w/ the OME shocks that are the N91S or something like that. Well they gave me a 2.5 inch of lift. Then i added a badlands bumper and had to put a topout spacer from Revteck in. I am sittin at 2.25 inch of lift. If I was you, ditch the 3inch spacer, go w/ OME and find a topout spacer. The ride quality will improve so much.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am curious, for 3" of lift what should be the distance from the bottom of the fender to the center of the wheel? I forgot to do a before and after measurement when I put the spacers on but I think I only got about 2"-2 1/4" out of the lift.

Also when you say you are running a 1" spacer, is that a 1" lift or does the spacer measure 1"? The spacer I have is for a 3" lift, but only measures 1.5". I all called Cornfed when I received the spacer and they said this was correct.

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
duaggie said:
I am curious, for 3" of lift what should be the distance from the bottom of the fender to the center of the wheel? I forgot to do a before and after measurement when I put the spacers on but I think I only got about 2"-2 1/4" out of the lift.

Also when you say you are running a 1" spacer, is that a 1" lift or does the spacer measure 1"? The spacer I have is for a 3" lift, but only measures 1.5". I all called Cornfed when I received the spacer and they said this was correct.
The spacer I'm running is 1/2" wich gives 1" of lift. From the bottom of the front flair to the ground is 38". I'm running 26575R16s.......... :welder:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts