TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing a suspension upgrade for my 1998 4wd std. cab tacoma. OME 2" lift medium coils and nitro charger shocks sound good. With rear 2 1/2" OME springs with Nitro charger shocks. This vehicle will be a daily driver appx. 40 miles a day and I want to go fast on dirt /small rocky roads. Not large rocks such as the Rubicon Trail. IE Baja terrain. What do you guys think? Thanks, John Camino, Calif.

·
Registered
718 Posts
i think you need to search and find out what works best for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think you need to search and find out what works best for you.
This search is what I'm hoping someone else has done. The stock suspension is tired, and I plan on running Baja roads, I'm looking for advice on if this system has worked for them. Thank's, John

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
I am needing a suspension upgrade for my 1998 4wd std. cab tacoma. OME 2" lift medium coils and nitro charger shocks sound good. With rear 2 1/2" OME springs with Nitro charger shocks. This vehicle will be a daily driver appx. 40 miles a day and I want to go fast on dirt /small rocky roads. Not large rocks such as the Rubicon Trail. IE Baja terrain. What do you guys think? Thanks, John Camino, Calif.

OME shocks are not designed for that and don't hold up well. You need a set of quality adjustable coilovers for what you describe. Donahoe, King, Camburg, Sway Away....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a 98 X-cab with the OME rear set-up. works great. Get some coil-overs up front though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think they would work ok for what your trying to do, I just got the 882 coils and shocks and they ride real nice..

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have SAW's up front and they are great, the Rear is Dakar leafs with OME shocks, the leafs are really stiff and might not work for real well for Baja terrain. I would suggest looking into Alcan or Deavers for more flex/softness. Mine work great for me but I have a Fiberglass topper and also haul a lot of weight from time to time.

X2 on the searching, there are a lot of opinions out there and in the Mod articles on this site that helped me make my decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts