TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desert guys are gonna be shaking their heads as this one!

But I like my snorkle, and am not giving it up.

The door clears the snorkle, and aside from needing some longer bolts and probably some rubber mat to fill in the gaps with the fender, It worked out better than I expected.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both fenders are red.

The whole truck will be repainted once I get to a point when I don't have more important mods to spend money on.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fit is tight b/c they were drilled by the previous owner, and not all tacomas are created equal.

·
Registered
670 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Desert guys are gonna be shaking their heads as this one!

But I like my snorkle, and am not giving it up.

The door clears the snorkle, and aside from needing some longer bolts and probably some rubber mat to fill in the gaps with the fender, It worked out better than I expected.

good to see your getting your truck back together again, Wheres the Bugshield?? j/p haha, So your from Sykesvilles? Not too far from my area

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Found a former Taco owner who has a Bug shield in his closet in Mount Airy.

Hope to be driving it to work Monday.

·
Registered
237 Posts
With all of the extra room inside the glass fenders why didn't you just make a short internal snorkel like some other people have done? How often do you ford creeks that go well over the hood??? In order to go that deep you have to do a lot of other things to your truck in order to make it "water proof"

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Why would you want to suck birds into youre engine man?
Thats it I'm reporting this sight to PETA...
you guys are seriously effed now!!!
keep a close watch over your shoulder man the liberal stinky hippies are after ya
RUN RUN
seriously nice work no worries bout water now unless you drive into a swamp like my brother did once in costa rice

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
With all of the extra room inside the glass fenders why didn't you just make a short internal snorkel like some other people have done?

I already owned the Snorkle, and felt I could adapt it easier than starting new from scratch. I might heat the plastic and reshape it to the shape of the truck better

How often do you ford creeks that go well over the hood???

Pictures are worth a thousand words. These pics are during the Summer. Water Levels are much higher in the spring.

In order to go that deep you have to do a lot of other things to your truck in order to make it "water proof"

Preparations for Deep Water have already been done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What other kind of stuff do you have to do to waterproof your rig?, I live right on the coast and am prone to flooding, however I hate it when mother nature keeps me cooped up and unable to drive. I drove my old saturn through a deep puddle (1/4 way up doors) and the car almost Sh*t the bed, the "service engine soon" light never went
after that.(I know i know, i am an ass)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.