TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am not a new member but rarely on here. I have an on-board air system but seized my compressor this past weekend. I need to get a replacement (or 2) . I am running 37" tires so I am looking for the best set up that is heavy duty and can handle filling my tires. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

·
Administrator
18,304 Posts
Viair offers many different kits to fit various needs and tire sizes. A CO2 tank will give you the fastest option, but not everybody wants to deal with Co2. When I was wheeling constantly, the Co2 was nice. For the less frequent wheeling, my little compressor does the job.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viair offers many different kits to fit various needs and tire sizes. A CO2 tank will give you the fastest option, but not everybody wants to deal with Co2. When I was wheeling constantly, the Co2 was nice. For the less frequent wheeling, my little compressor does the job.
Thanks for the reply. I am currently leaning towards the ABR twin compressor. It seems to be the best solution and taking up minimal space from research.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The ARB Twin is a superb unit. I have two of them; one is now hard-mounted in our FZJ75 Troopy. You won't be sorry if you spring for one, especially with those tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jonathan, I will most likely do that. I have a Viair set up with a 2.5 gallon tank that states that it is suitable for "Up to 37" tires or larger" (not sure why they word it that way) but it was never sufficient for the 37's. I was planning on adding a second compressor because it would take me over 30 minutes to air up to 32 psi after airing down to 12 psi. And then it seized on me.
The ARB twin will take up less space the the single Viair that I have and will work much better from what I have read and heard.

I really appreciate the input.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are you planning to put your ARB compressor-- under the hood or in the truck bed?
I have a truck bed tool box that I have my compressor and tank mounted inside. I'll mount the ARB in there after I remove the seized one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One suggestion: Compressors such as the ARB Twin produce a lot of heat. The Twin is fan cooled, but you should make sure it has sufficient ventilation to draw in and exhaust air. I wonder if that might have been part of the issue with your seized unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jonathan. However, I always had the box open when running the compressor. I only used it when airing back up it had plenty of ventilation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts