TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
between my fury with kragen, vatozone, and pep boys i am looking for a place online that sells quality bearings like timken. Anyone have good luck with an online retailer that has quality parts? i swear i went into each of the above stores today and had a bitch of a time trying to convince the morons behind the counter that i knew what i wanted ....

so bump for good online retailer for axle parts like bearings, seals, etc

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
between my fury with kragen, vatozone, and pep boys i am looking for a place online that sells quality bearings like timken. Anyone have good luck with an online retailer that has quality parts? i swear i went into each of the above stores today and had a bitch of a time trying to convince the morons behind the counter that i knew what i wanted ....

There's gotta be a real parts store in your town like Napa or Monument.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Mike said:
There's gotta be a real parts store in your town like Napa or Monument.

Later,
....Mike
Last time I went to my local Napa Store, I was told that they stopped carrying Timken bearings. They referred me somewhere else…and that store did not carry them any longer either.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
autozone has timken's, just tell them inner and out wheel bearings with races. if they dont know what the hell your talking about tell them you want to call there damn manager or district manager and tell them what kind of dumb fucks they have behind the counter. but yeah i know if that little computer cant tell them they dont know. luckly i have a chick at my local auto zone who has knows her stuff

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Give Marlin a call and ask him where some good parts stores are. He should have a clue or two since it's the same neck of the woods so to speak. What with all those farmers fixing all those tractors and other farm type stuff there outta be lots of em around. Maybe you should search for tractor parts stores. Otherwise,

SEARCH NOOB
LOL

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
yeh Bear

my Napa

didnt carry timken

some chinese made bearing is...sfk or something

Whats wrong with that Put some Jap junk in the D$$. :D

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Marlin Uses the Japan stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
yeh Bear

my Napa

didnt carry timken

some chinese made bearing is...sfk or something
Do you have a Monument near you? They always give me Timken stuff. As long as I tell them I have an '82 Wagoneer 4wd I usually get the right parts.

Later,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
YUNADERIS said:

http://www.bdi-usa.com/products/bearings.asp

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Didnt know that it must be nice to get parts when ever you need them. I find that I need them about 2:00am.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I searched. and found this. Sorry that this is an old post. I told VatoZone that I have a 1980 Waggy and they gave me these part numbers:
LM104949 - Inner Wheel Bearing
SET45 - What are the rest for?
JLM104910
There are all Timken. I don't know what am using. I know I will probably be using cormoly axle shafts. Can someone please provide me with Timkens part number for Seals, wheels and spindle bearings?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
YUNADERIS said:
found a napa

good call mike
they are like a bunch of old men in there too... they got all the answers...that type of napa...good shit

thanks for the heads up and the wake up call to pull the baseball bat outta my ass....
Those kind of Napa's are hard to find. I was hoping you found something online so I could order some also. Oh well, I guess I just need to get my lazy ass up to Napa. That's where I bought all my axle stuff before the SAS.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts