TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zackattak said:
MAN you were really in there. How'd you get out? How long were you stuck?
Critter pulled me out, I really have to thank him. He drove out from San Diego and it had to be like 9pm at least for a 45min drive.
Another truck tried to pull us out ( 80's Chevy 4in lift 32 AT's) he got stuck also. We were there from 4:30 to about 11:30pm. I was determined not to leave my truck, its pretty close to my house but still I've seen what happens to trucks left out there.

Sorry for the long post, it was a long night too.
Happy New Year, Jesse

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
ah so you're the rescue mission critter was talking about when i called him to get his help pulling out my buddy's f250 last night. the only time i got stuck was exactly how you did except in sand...downhill, front bumper dug in, couldnt back out...my bald ass stock tires didnt exactly help

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
mudferret said:
Looks like you fell into a real shit hole. That's some ugly looking mud.
the hole was bad shit, but he would have been fine if he had a rear locker and air'd down before he got his ass stuck.

If it wasn't so late i would have gone back through it....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wgasa84 said:
the hole was bad shit, but he would have been fine if he had a rear locker and air'd down before he got his ass stuck.

Blah, blah, blah... Then we would have needed to pull your ass out. That was nasty shit! Very decieving. :eek:

Still glad I had the M/T's.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
damn...that's almost how i got stuck in my truck...but it was stock at the time...my front left wheel got stuck in deep mud and there was a tree root, that didn't help at all...lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hell Yeah man thats the way to mud it. Thats all we really have here in mobile alabama.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Wgasa84 said:

LOL, I was thinkin' the same thing ;)

lockers are so nice :D ...but...one of these days I"ll get too cocky and get myself stuck cuz I thought the same thing he did, hee, hee. Wait, that happened last Tue in the snow...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Anybody whom takes the risk of off roading is going to get stuck, no matter how "good" ya think you are, if you have not been stuck, then you didn't go anywhere that was a real challange for you. Sometimes looks are decieving too!

I know I have my own getting stuck in the mud experience, thought I would show my wife where all my deer stands were after 4+ inches of rain, had the kid too. I burried my D-Cab really good, took all of 5 minutes achieve. The good thing was my wife thought that after getting stuck, a winch was a terrific idea, and I was only stuck for about 30 minutes. The sad thing was a 25hp Kubota diesal pulled me out, it never even lugged down, drug my truck 30 yards up the off camber turn I slid off of. It was amazing to see that little tractor hook up to my fat hog and drag it effortlessly.

I guess what I am saying its all part of the game, sorry it happened to you.

If its that sticky mud, hope you have a good power washer and lots of time, I bet it took me 5+ hours of power washing to get the mud out of the frame, skidplates, out of the A-arms, radiator, etc etc etc etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
ShowStop said:
Thats way worse then the guy I pulled out on New Years. Brand new 2005 with the paper plates. It was a 2wd and he was trying to go up this hill and fell into a deep rut. Only took a few minutes and I had him out. Told him to buy a 4wd before he tried that again.
^
|
LOL

Nice pics by the way!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts