TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I dont see how you busted a cv with no locker and in mud for that matter. You need to trade that thing in on a Toyota, It wouldnt have busted a cv the easy.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
that sucks man, the cvs on those trucks aren't that strong w/ a 35 spinning. god knows what is going to happen w/ that truck in rocks.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
man that was funny as heck i like how all you hear is matt and anna. good thing you got the no questions asked ones. how did the muddin go last night. oh yeah, how are the sliders comin?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
link817 said:
that sucks man, the cvs on those trucks aren't that strong w/ a 35 spinning. god knows what is going to happen w/ that truck in rocks.
That one was actually put on with an operator error. There is a plate on the pumkin side of the shaft that is supposed be pressed in like a seal, when I put it on a few weeks ago it was loose and I just put it on like that. Whoops. It finally wallered its way into the spacer and then last week I had to go pull a bunch of kids out of the mud in town, and water/sand/mud got all inside it and mabey started wearing it. But the CVs were good it was just the shaft that went KABOOM.

STOMPER said:
I dont see how you busted a cv with no locker and in mud for that matter. You need to trade that thing in on a Toyota, It wouldnt have busted a cv the easy.
The fronts weren't in the slick stuff, they were on solid dirt. Also, the "tow package" was under ground in the back, so that also contributed towards the breakage. Sorry, no 'yoter for me. Mabey, soon, Ill try to be breakin a D60 shaft.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
HillBilly_Young01 said:
man that was funny as heck i like how all you hear is matt and anna. good thing you got the no questions asked ones. how did the muddin go last night. oh yeah, how are the sliders comin?
"We said get stuck, not raise hell"

Last night somebody pissed the land owner off and he said we had to leave if we werent stayin all night. But I hit a few good holes.

I just called Chad, and he has to go see his lawyer in a few minutes. Then tonight were gonna start burnin them together.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
silver98Z71 said:
"We said get stuck, not raise hell"

Last night somebody pissed the land owner off and he said we had to leave if we werent stayin all night. But I hit a few good holes.

I just called Chad, and he has to go see his lawyer in a few minutes. Then tonight were gonna start burnin them together.
nice. good luck on them.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
that sucks. cvs are over rated anyways. just throw some duct tape on it and youll be good to go lol.

....and lol at the mud pit on the side of the house, that is very convient haha

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gregers05 said:
that sucks. cvs are over rated anyways. just throw some duct tape on it and youll be good to go lol.

....and lol at the mud pit on the side of the house, that is very convient haha
Its gone now. We filled it back up. My truck is the biggest one that hangs around with them, and if I broke something getting out of the hole then their stock Zs would break stuff all day long. And the land lady probably wouldnt like it if she saw it.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
silver98Z71 said:
Its gone now. We filled it back up. My truck is the biggest one that hangs around with them, and if I broke something getting out of the hole then their stock Zs would break stuff all day long. And the land lady probably wouldnt like it if she saw it.

ah. well the stock Z would probably actually break less. the reason being is because of the bigger tires, there is more stress on the suspension and drivetrain which cause things to break easier. ;)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
silver98Z71 said:
y did yall fill it in?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
HillBilly_Young01
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing