TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this truck local to me. Was wondering what you guys thought about it. Price seems pretty good, just didn't know about the miles. I wouldn't be afraid to do a rebuild later if I had to cause I've done a couple four bangers in the past. It'd be a daily driver but in reality I really dont drive all that much. Any help's appreciated, This is the truck's description:

1998 TOYOTA TACOMA, xtra cab, 4x4, V6, 5-spd, tool box, 175k miles, runs great, $5900.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
sounds like it's a pretty decent offer unless something's wrong with it? trd? all stock?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Found this truck local to me. Was wondering what you guys thought about it. Price seems pretty good, just didn't know about the miles. I wouldn't be afraid to do a rebuild later if I had to cause I've done a couple four bangers in the past. It'd be a daily driver but in reality I really dont drive all that much. Any help's appreciated, This is the truck's description:

1998 TOYOTA TACOMA, xtra cab, 4x4, V6, 5-spd, tool box, 175k miles, runs great, $5900.
found out where it originally came from because you dont want it if it was from the New Orleans area and under all that water. We are starting to see some here and there where i live at . Some wont even show up on carfax.com cause some owners wont report them .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All I really know so far is what's is whats in the description. I tried calling but only was able to leave a message. From the 1 pic there is it has nurf bars, is stock, no TRD graphic, but still may be. Dunno about the interior...PW, PL, etc

How would I go about finding where the truck came from? I'm guessing I need the VIN number but dont really know where to go from there.

Edit: Also, if it is legit, can I expect to get some decent more milage out of it? What parts beyond the timing belt and water pump should I take into consideration that'll need to be replaced?

·
Registered
395 Posts
If it's legit, you'll get a ton more miles out of it. 175k isn't bad at all. I can't really think of anything else that you will need to replace other than tires and what you mentioned/maintanence stuff like plugs and filters.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was able to talk to the guy selling it yesterday. He said that He is the original owner and he recently had it checked out by a mechanic and everything was OK. I'm assuming he did a compression test along with everything thing checked...I'll find out when I'm able to look at it up close tomorrow. Clutch is pretty new w/ about 30k on it as well. Only thing it doesn't have that i'd like is PW and PL inside. that's about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.