TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have recently changed my disc brake pads and the new ones are noisier than the used ones I took of. The ones I bought are the cheapo ones from autozone just to get me by until I could find out what are the good ones out there. I don't wat to hear any sqealin ( at least till they are worn out) and I don't want to wash brake dust from my front wheels every couple days.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had the same problem. Then I bought some high performance ceramic brakes that dont have allot of the black dust on your rims effect, and they seem to work really well. The only thing that sqeal are my drums, but I clean them everytime I rotate my tires. Hope that helps.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
d0wnf0rcec0ncepts said:
Ok, I have recently changed my disc brake pads and the new ones are noisier than the used ones I took of. The ones I bought are the cheapo ones from autozone just to get me by until I could find out what are the good ones out there. I don't wat to hear any sqealin ( at least till they are worn out) and I don't want to wash brake dust from my front wheels every couple days.
Jeff,
Just stick with the OEM pads ~$35 or
Others like the Autozone performance friction pads ~$40 - (Same as TRD) but with lifetime warranty

- Get rid of the el cheapos- I stopped using those when I was back in High school- even though they are lifetime warr- they wear out fast- like in 10K miles
Go to AZ and return them & just pay the difference toward the PF pads- Make sure to tell them to order the PF pads since it may take 1-2 days to get them in.

·
Registered
711 Posts
d0wnf0rcec0ncepts said:
I hate those damn things!! I'm going with the OEM ones as soon as I get some dough. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've always had good luck with OEM pads. No squealing and no dust.

·
Registered
122 Posts
d0wnf0rcec0ncepts said:
porterfield-brakes.com

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
go with OEM pads. i had a set of vatozone pads that were just total crap. noisy, loads of brake dust, didnt stop worth a crap. i had those on for about 1 month. when i took them off to replace them with oem pads the damn things were over 3/4 gone! in one month! my oem pads last around 1.5 years on average

·
Registered
301 Posts
drabnor said:
go with OEM pads. i had a set of vatozone pads that were just total crap. noisy, loads of brake dust, didnt stop worth a crap. i had those on for about 1 month. when i took them off to replace them with oem pads the damn things were over 3/4 gone! in one month! my oem pads last around 1.5 years on average
1.5 years :eek: You must have an automatic??? My OEM pads lasted 8 years on my '91 toyota truck.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
cheez said:
1.5 years :eek: You must have an automatic??? My OEM pads lasted 8 years on my '91 toyota truck.
yup, an automatic and im prety damn hard on the brakes

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
how are those TRD ones they any good?

·
Registered
95 Posts
d0wnf0rcec0ncepts said:

Try the Axxis ceramic pads. I've seen them for about $45-50 a set and have not heard one complaint yet. I've got the porterfield ceramic pads on both my trucks now and they are way better then stock and the performance friction (TRD) pads but they cost about $90 a set. I'll never go back to stock now that I've tried ceramic pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts