TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short.... we are having baby #2 any day now and as much as I love my single cab tacoma, it just isn't going to cut it. Bucket seats and my wife can't drive it. I've purchased an 83 that I've been working on to get trail ready and be my dedicated wheeler and I have a 92 ford I could daily and tow with so the logical thing to do is to sell the tacoma to pay it off and get out of debt.

The tacoma was purchased with front bumper damage from a deer and with a CEL on with the P0420(?) code.. the trailing O2 or cat. I removed the bumper, and I've been driving with the CEL on for 2 years now.

Kelly blue book says $3,700 for Good and $3,100 for poor. I just put tires, brakes, wires, plugs, fresh oils, rotors on it. The cosmetic damage is noted in the pictures in this link and it is missing an antenna.

In your opinion, would it be worth making the repairs to sell or sell as is? I have no clue how these trucks sell and in what condition. I've been lurking the for sale boards for weeks and can't get my mind around it. What would you do?

http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/jpharper33/98 Tacoma/

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Sell as is. You wont get your money back out of the repairs. Just like a modded 4x4 never sells for close to the parts value.

list it a little high and let buyers talk you down.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Its always seemed to me that Tacos sell for a good premium here in the south, probably everywhere. Slap it on CL as is... keep in mind that in a metro area, it has to be emissioned before you can sell it... according to the rules anyhow.
But I think you should be able to get top $.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wow, that's weird. From Augusta too and we just had first kid. I'd love to take take hat one off your hands but it looks like I'll be hanging on to the P/U and getting a Double-cab. That is, just as soon as I get my wife in a 4Runner ;). You are doing the right thing by selling as is. You will have no problem selling it around here. Please just don't let it go for too low. You have no need to compromise when selling these trucks, everybody wants one. Especially a single cab like that! When I worked at the Toyota dealer here in town every time one of these would roll in I would hit up the owner, and not one would contemplate selling theirs. Are you going to display the car just curious?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
let me see if i can get my dad to buy it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts