TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please give me feedback/opinions on the setup i am looking to buy in the very near future....camburg or donahoe coilover, deaver reaf leaf pack, bilstein 5100s, 3" pa or rb bl, mickey thompson classic II, 33x12.5 bfg mts.... if you dont like something in my setup or if you would do it differently please let me know what and why...thank you sooooo much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
sounds good to me...just dont beat on your truck with the body lift
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot man... you have been a lot of help
 

·
Ban Count: 12
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Looks like you may wanna beat on your truck a little? Leave the body lift off and go 32x11.5. If you are not into the fast wheeling, the BL will be ok and that setup should be fine. If you wanna look cool or are into the faster type of wheeling, go with fiberglass fenders instead of the body lift. You may be able to stuff 33's in there with your coilovers cranked (without the BL) and the glass fenders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
cauch235 said:
please give me feedback/opinions on the setup i am looking to buy in the very near future....camburg or donahoe coilover, deaver reaf leaf pack, bilstein 5100s, 3" pa or rb bl, mickey thompson classic II, 33x12.5 bfg mts.... if you dont like something in my setup or if you would do it differently please let me know what and why...thank you sooooo much
you should think about regearing...i dont' know if you have a v6 or if it's a manual...but it will drain ur gas some what...Body lifts are ok if you don't plan on going like crazy!! lol

But be warn...1" BL is good since there isn't as much mods you need to do..but as you get up to 2" and 3" you have to think about ur tranny, radiator, the bumpers not lining up right, etc...

but that sounds like a good setup...
post some pics when ever you get this done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
I'm not a bodylift fan, but 1" would be the most I would do and it wouldn't be as big of a hazard.

Fiberglass fenders woiuld wasily clear 33's. Glassworks' are 145 a piece with 3" flare. They look kind of odd sometimes if you dont have matching bedsides. Ya know they should make stock width fiber-fenders/bedsides that just have more room in the wheelwell's...maybe someone deos...???

If you have 4wd then get a diff-drop.

Oh yeah, some companies make different tranny/transfercase crossmembers that dont hang down as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
Kyota said:
Ya know they should make stock width fiber-fenders/bedsides that just have more room in the wheelwell's...maybe someone deos...???
the main reason for glass fenders is for long travel, where the stance is widened (3.5" per side on tacomas). the fenders flare out to make room for the now wider stance tires to cycle through the travel without hitting...so there really isnt any reason to make glass fenders without the bulge. with some comapnies you can pic less of a bulge though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oppositeboy said:
Looks like you may wanna beat on your truck a little? Leave the body lift off and go 32x11.5. If you are not into the fast wheeling, the BL will be ok and that setup should be fine. If you wanna look cool or are into the faster type of wheeling, go with fiberglass fenders instead of the body lift. You may be able to stuff 33's in there with your coilovers cranked (without the BL) and the glass fenders.
CHANGED.... i am going to leave off the bl... to much of a hassle... i think i am just going with the same setup but 32's instead of 33's.... would that look ok are would the tires look huge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
depends on the backspacing of the rims and the how big the rims...with maybe 3.75 backspacing with 15x8...they would look pretty beefy...i'm planing on getting 32" tires with those wheels...with about 4" total lift(3" suspension,1"BL)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,347 Posts
<<Yotoracer>>
You can beat your truck... but it will turn out like mine. The body mounts are perfect. but my core support has a very small crack (bet yours does too) and well u know about my fenders.

<<original poster>>
I was thinking about going fiberglass but maybe bushwacker will be better! hell its cheaper too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04RedLobster said:
depends on the backspacing of the rims and the how big the rims...with maybe 3.75 backspacing with 15x8...they would look pretty beefy...i'm planing on getting 32" tires with those wheels...with about 4" total lift(3" suspension,1"BL)
what amount of backspacing are you going to get and what rims and tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
i'm planing on gettimg some 15x8 seris 97 rock Crawlers with dunlop radial mud rovers..
i read some good reveiws on these tires and i'm gonna try them out....

I think those $40 wheels are gonna be fine with me since i don't plan on spending lots of money on wheels...

but i only do mild trails and don't do any crazy driving in high speed...so it'll depend on what you are going to do with ur truck...for me these tires will work great for me...i don't know about you though since i have no clue what you plan to do with ur truck..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am not going to be doing anything crazy...
 

·
Ban Count: 12
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
cauch235 said:
CHANGED.... i am going to leave off the bl... to much of a hassle... i think i am just going with the same setup but 32's instead of 33's.... would that look ok are would the tires look huge?
I think that would be a nice setup. Tacomas look good with a couple of inches of lift and 32's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
I have heard from a few people that those do not fit. If you figure out a way to make them fit please let me in, I like those wheels. I was considering getting 15" rims for a while but I couldn't find 15"s that fit that didn't stick way out. I don't like that look... IF you find some 15" rims with 3.75 BS or more that fit, let me know.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top