TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to lift my 01 D-Cab Tacoma 4x4 with OME 882 Coils up front and 2" in the rear with an aal. My question is what size tires do you think would look good with this set up?

For the time being they will be mointed on the stock Tacoma Aluminum wheels.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
16" wheels correct?

go with some 32"x8"x 16"s or something close to that width. 33"s will rub a bit Sorry I don't deal well with metric sizes.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Impulse2k1 said:
I am going to lift my 01 D-Cab Tacoma 4x4 with OME 882 Coils up front and 2" in the rear with an aal. My question is what size tires do you think would look good with this set up?

For the time being they will be mointed on the stock Tacoma Aluminum wheels.

Thanks
285/75/16

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GOT COPE? said:
285/75/16

I checked the size and the overall height is about 32.8" high so would these rub with the stock 16" wheels?

thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
For that type of lift, 32s. 265/75/16 or the metric equivalent. I just put 265/75/16s on mine and have 2"-2.5" of lift with no rubbing, yet.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
might rub slightly on compression. also might rub frame a bit on full lock turns

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think the 285/75/16 should fit with a small lift cause i have a stock sitting taco(for now) and its tires are 265/75/16 with no rub and a good couple inches at full compressed i dont know if the TRD susp helps or that but thats the stock size they came from the facvtory with aswell i beleive

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Bear said:
might rub slightly on compression. also might rub frame a bit on full lock turns
Not really a reply to you Bear...

Just noting for the OP'er

The 285/75/16's (BFG/AT's @ 32.8) will rub a butt load on the frame on the stock 4 1/2" BS wheels... He'll need to go to 4" BS'ing for those... I have the MT's in this size (which are actually taller 33.1")... The tire width is more of a real problem here then the tire height (Pinch welds can be modded... Frames cannot ;) )

The 255/85/16's (BFG/MT's @33.3) will be fine for width on a stock wheel... It will just slightly rub the frame (just a little scuff... Drivers side only in my test fit)... (These are only available in a MT tho')... Being taller then most will however be a little bit of a challenge... But is do able... The narrow width... Makes the taller height fit easier...

Either way... you can expect to do some considerable fender work to get these to fit with out a rub onj 2"s of lift... You might think about a 1" BL If you need to go this tall... It'll make it easier on you for sure...

A simpler solution is to just go with the 265/75/16's

Cost wise the 265's and 255's are reasonable... the 285's skyrocket in price... I know... I just bought 5 of them and I think they were near $ 240. each :eek:

The 255's (I was going to buy) were near $190... I think the 265's a tad under that...

There are way cheaper other brands to go with... of course...

Check out these Dayton Timberline MT's (page 2 for the 285's)

and Dayton Timberline At's

No 255's... But I'm wishing I'd have saved some dough and tried these...

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
TacoDell said:
Not really a reply to you Bear...

Just noting for the OP'er

The 285/75/16's (BFG/AT's @ 32.8) will rub a butt load on the frame on the stock 4 1/2" BS wheels... He'll need to go to 4" BS'ing for those... I have the MT's in this size (which are actually taller 33.1")... The tire width is more of a real problem here then the tire height (Pinch welds can be modded... Frames cannot ;) )

The 255/85/16's (BFG/MT's @33.3) will be fine for width on a stock wheel... It will just slightly rub the frame (just a little scuff... Drivers side only in my test fit)... (These are only available in a MT tho')... Being taller then most will however be a little bit of a challenge... But is do able... The narrow width... Makes the taller height fit easier...

Either way... you can expect to do some considerable fender work to get these to fit with out a rub onj 2"s of lift... You might think about a 1" BL If you need to go this tall... It'll make it easier on you for sure...

A simpler solution is to just go with the 265/75/16's

Cost wise the 265's and 255's are reasonable... the 285's skyrocket in price... I know... I just bought 5 of them and I think they were near $ 240. each :eek:

The 255's (I was going to buy) were near $190... I think the 265's a tad under that...

There are way cheaper other brands to go with... of course...

Check out these Dayton Timberline MT's (page 2 for the 285's)

and Dayton Timberline At's

No 255's... But I'm wishing I'd have saved some dough and tried these...

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with...
I thought you did try them? i remember a thread not to long ago about you asking if they looked to skinny or something like that, but maybe i am remembering wrong. oh well...

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Impulse2k1 said:
I checked the size and the overall height is about 32.8" high so would these rub with the stock 16" wheels?

thanks
There is no tire that will not rub except the tire you have on now. Some people cant deal with rubbing, some dont mind some rubbing. Its up to you. 285's will rub a bit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan to eventually get new wheels probably with a 4" back space and run those tires

1 - 16 of 16 Posts