TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about the super swamper LTB? i am considering getting the 33x13.50x15 LTBs but i don't know how good of a tire they are... they are really cheap. how many miles should i expect out of them and how do they handle on-road? does anyone on this board have the LTBs?

thanks...dalton

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
bigd9247 said:
what do you guys think about the super swamper LTB? i am considering getting the 33x13.50x15 LTBs but i don't know how good of a tire they are... they are really cheap. how many miles should i expect out of them and how do they handle on-road? does anyone on this board have the LTBs?

thanks...dalton
i think someone in the members rigs section is running 34 1050s, there gonna wear fast tho probly like 15k at the MOST

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was running 34 10.5 on 15x10 rims. My .02 on the tires are as follows, awesome in the mud, suck on rocks, a lot of weight, and will shake your truck loose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks for the info... i have decided that i dont want LTBs cuz i keep hearing bad things about them (except for off-road)... but does anyone know of any good tires in a 33x13.50 or 33x14.50 and will those fit with 6 inches of lift?

·
Registered
479 Posts
ToyTacoma02 said:
I was running 34 10.5 on 15x10 rims. My .02 on the tires are as follows, awesome in the mud, suck on rocks, a lot of weight, and will shake your truck loose.
10.5" tire on a 10" wheel, isnt that a lil to wide of a wheel for a 10.5" tire, wouldnt that cause problems with airin down???

·
Registered
479 Posts
i was checkin out the 34x10.5/r15's, im sure they suck on pavment like all swampers but ive seen them in the mud and they kiked ass there

·
Registered
70 Posts
I run the 34x10.5 on the trial only, and I don't know anything about the 13.5s. I have driven on the road at 70mph for about 20 miles and I thought my truck was going to vibrate apart. I would NOT buy these tires if you have to drive on them. As for the trail I have to disagree with the "sucks on the rocks" statement, the reason they do not last on the road is because of the soft compound. In other words sticky. As good on the rocks as the 32x11.5 MTRs I used to have and a whole lot better in the mud.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
bigd9247 said:
well thanks for the info... i have decided that i dont want LTBs cuz i keep hearing bad things about them (except for off-road)... but does anyone know of any good tires in a 33x13.50 or 33x14.50 and will those fit with 6 inches of lift?

SSR's, they won't "fit" per sey, but they'll fit. You'll experience some rubbing at full compression, but they're a better all around tire than a LTB. They also cost more ;)!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
gary briggs said:
10.5" tire on a 10" wheel, isnt that a lil to wide of a wheel for a 10.5" tire, wouldnt that cause problems with airin down???

In case you forgot, not everyone has to air down for their type of offroading. But yes, airing down wouldn't be real bright running that setup. BTW, nice avatar, LOL!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
wslytoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing