TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about the super swamper LTB? i am considering getting the 33x13.50x15 LTBs but i don't know how good of a tire they are... they are really cheap. how many miles should i expect out of them and how do they handle on-road? does anyone on this board have the LTBs?

thanks...dalton

·
Registered
119 Posts
bigd9247 said:
what do you guys think about the super swamper LTB? i am considering getting the 33x13.50x15 LTBs but i don't know how good of a tire they are... they are really cheap. how many miles should i expect out of them and how do they handle on-road? does anyone on this board have the LTBs?

thanks...dalton
The Swamper LTBs are bias-ply construction tires so you should expect flat-spotting on the tires which leads to a rough ride, as well as low miles. The rubber compound is very soft which causes them to wear pretty quick. Off-road they are great tires! However, I would probably only say to ever use them as trail tires and have another set for on-road driving.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey then what other tires come in a 33x13.50 or will a 33x14.50 on a 15x10 wheel fit with a three inch spacer lift and 3 inch body lift

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
bigd9247 said:

thanks...dalton
All I've ever heard about these tires is that they won't balance. If you're driving it on the street, I would say save up some more $$$ and get a good radial MT.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
bigd9247 said:
hey then what other tires come in a 33x13.50 or will a 33x14.50 on a 15x10 wheel fit with a three inch spacer lift and 3 inch body lift
With 3" of lift, I'd say you'll be hard pressed to fit any 33" tire on a 10" rim. Good luck fitting something 13"-14" wide. You might be able to do it on the street, which is probably the only type of person who would try it, but I don't know. Basically, if you're looking for bling, maybe (?). If you actually wheel, you need to rethink that move.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
bigd9247 said:

thanks...dalton
Anything over a 12.50 on IFS is just a bad idea

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN DON"T GET THOSE TIRES!!!!!!!. You will want to kill yourself shortly after you mount them and attempt to balance them. I would rather be rolling on the rims by them selves.

Oh yeah they are great offroad

·
Registered
662 Posts
bigd9247 said:

thanks...dalton
I have a buddy who is running the 31's on his '79 Yota and he loves them. He has about 5-6k on them and he says there are hardly any signs of wear.

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
bigd9247 said:
You can always look into the Swamper Irok Radials.... they come in a 33x13.50... ohhhh yeah, but they are only available for 17", 18", and 20" wheels....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i have looked at the SSRs in the 33x14.50 but i am still unsure as to whether or not they will fit with 6 inches total lift... and yea i want a tire wider than a 12.50 and that is all that i have been able to find MT's in... except the toyo open country MT but it isn't out yet... does anyone know when it will be released? its 33x13.50x15. and no i can't run Iroks because i can't afford those huge wheels or else i would.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts