TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a deal on some Centerline Hellcats, kinda like them. They would look cool powdercoated Darkgrey or black. Anyone know if the center caps are aluminum too?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Chadman said:
Found a deal on some Centerline Hellcats, kinda like them. They would look cool powdercoated Darkgrey or black. Anyone know if the center caps are aluminum too?

I had a 98 s 10 zr2 with this wheels on it and the center cap are aluminum to they are good wheels but hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I was wondering if the caps where aluminum so I can get them powdercoated black too. That would takecare of the keeping them clean hassle Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Classic offraod wheel. I think it would be cool with the powder coating your are thinking about.

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
Hey man, I think that they are aluminum also, not for sure though. But I was just going to give you another option as far as powdercoating. You could try to find the paint that I used on my Welds. It is specifically for aluminul wheels and allows you to touch them up if you scratch them. Although I have had mine painted for almost two years now and mine still have started to flake. The paint has came off were I have bashed them into the rocks or smacked the wheel with the tire iron, but that is it. The stuff I used was called Dupli-Color Wheel Paint and it comes in White, Charcoal, Black and a clearcoat if you wanted to use that too. I didn't use the clearcoat personally though. Ohhh and I am still trying to get my lazy ass brother to get me a copy of the video... He said that he will bring it over for sure when he comes over for Christmas and to see the new one, if he ever gets here...... So when I get his copy I will put his, Jimmy's and Pauls all on one tape and send a copy to you.... later man

ohhh and I think that the Hellcats would look really good in the charcoal color with all the shape that that wheel has and the slight sparkle that is in the charcoal color....

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am 100% that the center caps a alumnium I have one setting in my garage off a friend of mine truck that he left off when her rotated this tires the other day. the groves in the wheel fill with brake dust that is what makes them hard to clean

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on bro, I was wondering about them vids. The Dupli-color thing might work good, touch-up would be nice.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, just notice I spelled opinions wrong.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
hell kittens!

Chadman said:
hey man,
from what I've heard, Hellcats have been discontinued. This mighty be a good thing, that way you don't "ruin", for a lack of a better term, a brand new set of rims. You can find em' used for much cheaper. Those bitches are some kinda expensive. I'd recommend either powdercoating or what Mr. TRD said, spray em' down! Peace, Wes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts