TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My name is Jeff. I have recently started to look for a 6" lift for my 2006 Tacoma. I drive it daily and wonder if going this big would be a bad move when commuting on these California Highways where everyone is doing 75 mph? I was also wondering what size wheels and tires most of you are running with these trucks and that size lift? Is the Fabtech the most popular, I see ProComp makes one too. Any and all advice would be appreciated!

Take Care

·
Registered
49 Posts
Use the search function... But never the less around a 35inch tire is what you will end up with. It should say that on the websites that your looking at these lifts. Do some research on them. Theres tons of threads on here about fabtech vs pro comp. Can't Stress to use search more than ever. Its a wonderful device. Good luck with your end result.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fabtech would be the way i would go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did this get posted up twice on purpose? Well anyways I was young and dumb once and I too bought a 6" fabtech lift (not for a toyota but for a 2000 s10). This was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Ruined the truck. Replace upper ball joints every time I did and oil change. This kit put too much stress on the driveline parts. Very scray to drive to. Broke three coil spring compressers at two different 4wd shops. Finally get them in and it road like crap (two words bump steer). Contacted fabtech and they said I had the wrong coilsprings, so they sent me "softer" springs (well they didnt but 4 wheel parts did). I guess they were right they only broke one coilspring compresser. All said and done I sold it six months later. This might only be with the chevy kits, I dont know. This was just my experience with fabtech. Might want to search around this website and read alot. From what I have read 2"-2 1/2 " is the max you want to go. this should clear 33" tires. So now you have to ask yourself are 35's really worth the headache. Just my :2cents: A wise member here told me once "Stay away from the fabtech crap, and the drop bracket 6" lifts. Your truck is VERY capable just as it is!!"

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
:rolleyes:
05tacoma4x4 said:
Did this get posted up twice on purpose? Well anyways I was young and dumb once and I too bought a 6" fabtech lift (not for a toyota but for a 2000 s10). This was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. Ruined the truck. Replace upper ball joints every time I did and oil change. This kit put too much stress on the driveline parts. Very scray to drive to. Broke three coil spring compressers at two different 4wd shops. Finally get them in and it road like crap (two words bump steer). Contacted fabtech and they said I had the wrong coilsprings, so they sent me "softer" springs (well they didnt but 4 wheel parts did). I guess they were right they only broke one coilspring compresser. All said and done I sold it six months later. This might only be with the chevy kits, I dont know. This was just my experience with fabtech. Might want to search around this website and read alot. From what I have read 2"-2 1/2 " is the max you want to go. this should clear 33" tires. So now you have to ask yourself are 35's really worth the headache. Just my :2cents: A wise member here told me once "Stay away from the fabtech crap, and the drop bracket 6" lifts. Your truck is VERY capable just as it is!!"
but that was a chevy...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats why i said
05tacoma4x4 said:
This might only be with the chevy kits, I don't know
This is just my opionion. Just trying to help out. didn't mean to offend anyone running Fabtech.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO I would not go 6 inch with IFS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts