TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My name is Jeff. I have recently started to look for a 6" lift for my 2006 Tacoma quad cab SR5 short bed. I drive it daily and wonder if going this big would be a bad move when commuting on these California Highways where everyone is doing 75 mph? I was also wondering what size wheels and tires most of you are running with these trucks and that size lift? Is the Fabtech the most popular, I see ProComp makes one too. Any and all advice would be appreciated!

Take Care

·
Registered
56 Posts
might want to try the search option before everyone gets a hold of you. drop bracket lifts are not to popular on this site.

·
Registered
204 Posts
going 6 inches is fine doing that speed....no matter what coil lift you get it doesnt allow bigger tires...if you wheel it wheel rub...the only way to run bigger tires without rubbing is a brackett lift........or a long travel kit.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i have a procomp 6 inch...BASIC. im saving up for fabtech coils and all pro leafs...but going 75mph on the highway isnt that bad..it just really depends on what tire your runnin, get a all season highway tire with the size: 315/70/17. you have to get a 17 inch wheel or bigger with the pro comp lift, i dont know about fabtech. its due to an enlarged steering knuckles (or spindles).

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Stay away from that 6 inch kit. Way too many driveline issues. Being cool :cool: is all about being smart. :) That kit will cost you way more down the road. :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
mojavegold said:
Stay away from that 6 inch kit. Way too many driveline issues. Being cool :cool: is all about being smart. :) That kit will cost you way more down the road. :(
yea because on the 6 inch bracket lift keeps the stock geometry for your front cv's. ball joints. control arms. sway bar. also a bracket lift is the only way to run bigger tires!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
dlowe102 said:
yea because on the 6 inch bracket lift keeps the stock geometry for your front cv's. ball joints. control arms. sway bar. also a bracket lift is the only way to run bigger tires!!!
Sorry bud, but you need an edge-a-ma-ka-shun on bracket drop kits. What are you going to do about the rear driveline issues. Extra lift will only get you more tire clearance when the wheels are pointed straight ahead. What about full lock and stuff??? What about body roll in hardcore off camber situations? What about all that mall wheeling? :cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
dlowe102 said:
also a bracket lift is the only way to run bigger tires!!!
what about runnig a body lift, and if thats not enough he could add fiberglass fenders. he could run "bigger tires" then.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
X2 Phatman. There are other options available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts