TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a optima battery in there truck, i just came up on a free yellow top from my father inlaw. He just replaced both of his in his H1, i have a cheap battery in my truck now and last time i went wheeling the damn battery started spilling acid out all over .

I tried to put the yellow top in my truck today and came to find out the the positive and negative post are backwards & if i flip it around my cables arent long enough to reach the battery posts also the battery isnt tall enough so i have no way to hold the battery down. so i had to put the old battery back in till i figure something out.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Does anyone have a optima battery in there truck, i just came up on a free yellow top from my father inlaw. He just replaced both of his in his H1, i have a cheap battery in my truck now and last time i went wheeling the damn battery started spilling acid out all over .

I tried to put the yellow top in my truck today and came to find out the the positive and negative post are backwards & if i flip it around my cables arent long enough to reach the battery posts also the battery isnt tall enough so i have no way to hold the battery down. so i had to put the old battery back in till i figure something out.
you dont have to figure anything out....its been figured out by everyone on this board that has ever heard of an optima. make the pos cable from the fuse block longer and you'll be fine. if you dont have the spacer, make one out of a 1"x6" board (or whatever you find) and the stock batt mount will work fine. its not the emergency you think....look at your truck and it will tell you what to do.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Damn... and I was expecting the whole fire lecture thingy again... :(
you want it? you got it...:D

make damn well sure that fucker is secure, or it will catch on fire when the positive post hits the hold down strap or the hood or anything else that is grounded...(imageshack is fubard right now so no pics:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
here we go

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yikes!!!!!!!! Tie that sucker down!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts