TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a 4x2 Prerunner extended cab, of which i plan to install a Camburg Long travel suspension on. What would be the optimal size tire for no rubbing, but still be big?

Sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The camburg taco runs metric 33x11.50s... He did have 12.50s a few months back, but I think he rubbed a lil bit...

These are BFG ATs

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
TimF said:
are you getting ballsy and might venture back out to sand dam?
you shut your mouth when I'm talking to you...

I actually have 3 sets of tires...eeeni meeenie mineee moooo...

10.5" 11.5" and 12.5" sucka :flipoff1:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tweeter said:

:rofl: i just read this post and busted out laughin, hahaha cept it goes "you shut your mouth when your talkin to me" :p sorry for bein :xofftopic but i couldnt resist :D

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Back to the subject, 11.5" would be the best all around for more floatation and since they're more narrow that 12.5" there will be less strain on the drivetrain. It's really up to you in the end. The down side is that metric tires tend to cost more $$$

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Backwoodsboy said:
:rofl: i just read this post and busted out laughin, hahaha cept it goes "you shut your mouth when your talkin to me" :p sorry for bein :xofftopic but i couldnt resist :D
Close enough :p

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Tweeter said:

WTF do you have 3 sets of tires for? You do go off-road anyway so what's it matter?

I run 285/75/16 32.5" by 11" wide tire and have 0 problems in sand and if I had a M/T's I wouldn't have much of a prob in mud either.

Dave.............

:flipoff3:

·
Registered
249 Posts
you know for optimum ground clearance on your prerunner why don't you be one of the first with the 54x19.5 boggers. You just might need to trim them fenders a bit

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tractionpatrol said:
you know for optimum ground clearance on your prerunner why don't you be one of the first with the 54x19.5 boggers. You just might need to trim them fenders a bit
Hahaha! I think i'll take those. :rolleyes:

But i'm already planning to re-gear AND i'm adding a Supercharger. So, i think i might go with 33/12.5. Since ill have that extra torque. Is that a good idea?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts