TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, thought I'd introduce myself. Name's James, but my friends call me Soy.

Not really new to wheeling, but not that experienced either. My rig is my daily driver, left to me by my grandfather when he passed about 6 years ago. It's a 1986 Xtra Cab 4x4, Auto with 105k original miles. I'm running stock...everything for the most part. Just replaced the shocks and steering stabilizer with ProComp 3000's, put some new tires on, and did as much of a tuneup as I possibly could. I love this truck to death, and it's as much a part of me now as a limb. The 22RE is still going strong, and so far, so good with virtually no problems.

Anyways, thought I'd say hey. I look forward to hitting some of the local trails, as well as some of the bigger trips scheduled down here in SoCal at some point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a pic of my rig from about 2 weeks ago, with a buddy of mine posing like a moron. :)

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,519 Posts
Welcome aboard. :) We have a run at Corral Canyon scheduled for later this month then Cleghorn Road next month.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Good Lookin truck! I think it was that model that my uncle had that first got me hooked on Toyotas... I think i was 7 :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm probably going to go run up Silverado Canyon tomorrow morning and head up to Santiago Peak, weather permitting. Anyone cruise up the local roads around here?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That pic is from Silverado right? Just into the trail coming from Silv Cny Rd? Were you up there last month? There was snow from Main Divide and up, was really fun. Hit any of the 4x4 sections over there?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Welcome aboard. I live in Orange County as well. You should come join us on some of our runs around Big Bear. You'll really like those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That pic is from Silverado right? Just into the trail coming from Silv Cny Rd? Were you up there last month? There was snow from Main Divide and up, was really fun. Hit any of the 4x4 sections over there?
Yup - you know your roads. :)

I just got home from running Main Divide, from Silverado to Ortega. Beautiful day to be wheeling, and the trails were in pretty decent shape.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!

My GF lives by that trail and I havn't gone up it... How does one find this spot? Im too lazy to search, plus I have to get ready for "Drinko de Mayo" :xbeer2: :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the Club!!

My GF lives by that trail and I havn't gone up it... How does one find this spot? Im too lazy to search, plus I have to get ready for "Drinko de Mayo" :xbeer2: :D
No worries - it's pretty easy to find. Take El Toro up until it turns into Santiago Canyon Road. You'll pass by Cook's corner, then go about 10 more miles until you see a turnoff for Silverado Canyon Road. (It's a big turnout, with a sign for a church). Anyways, take Silverado Canyon Road all the way until it ends and turns into a dirt trail called Maple Canyon. Follow that trail up, and you'll eventually meet up with Main Divide Road, which will take you to the top of the mountain, and eventually (about 40 miles) over to Ortega Highway.

It's a nice trail... not too difficult, but not boring at all. It makes for a nice (albeit bumpy) Saturday morning trek.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
your truck seems cool!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Muddin. Got a few pics from yesterday:

...and a pair of the truck:

This is why I moved to SoCal from Phoenix. You can't ask for more beautiful weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts