TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt planning on ordering my new taco for 2 more weeks, but the dealership emailed me and said they had one already scheduled for production in Feb that was identical to what I wanted to order.. so a small deposit later and my name is on the truck..

Spes:

2007 Double Cab TRD Offroad
- Super White
- Graphite Fabric
- JBL® AM/FM/CD with 6-disc changer, six speakers and subwoofer, amplifier and steering wheel audio controls (EJ)
- 50 state emissions (FE)
- Daytime running lights (RL)
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags (GY)
- TRD Off-Road Package includes SR5 Package 2 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front tow hook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support and sport fabric, and TRD Off-Road graphics (V6 models) (OC)
- Towing package (TO)
- VSC with DAC for 4x4 a/t (VE)

Mods that will be in the garage when I get the truck

Warn Trans4mer, multi mount
Tool Box, undecided on model
Toytec 3/4" top plate spacer
Cornfed 1" spring spacer
Custom 1" Alcan AAL (if needed)
Amsoil bypass setup
Trans and oil psi gauges
ViAir 480
2x 2.5 gal ViAir tanks (already own)

CANT HARDLY WAIT!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats!! :D
I've got pretty much the same truck that I'm waiting to take delivery on (hopefully in the next day or two)

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Congrat..About time ;) ...So what are you gonna do when your truck doesn't have a cyclic/ collective and no target aquisition/fire control system?? :D ...hope you make it home soon to enjoy your hard earned truck... :xusflag: :xbeer3:

did your order a short or long bed?....that part about the fuel tank protector: it is a piece of plastic...make'em give you some steel

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ocdropzone said:
Congrat..About time ;) ...So what are you gonna do when your truck doesn't have a cyclic/ collective and no target aquisition/fire control system?? :D ...hope you make it home soon to enjoy your hard earned truck... :xusflag: :xbeer3:

did your order a short or long bed?....that part about the fuel tank protector: it is a piece of plastic...make'em give you some steel

i'll just have to keep some guns in it to simulate :D

I ordered the short bed, I would have gotten a long, but the locker is more important, and I can always get a bed extender :D

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
ah64id said:
i'll just have to keep some guns in it to simulate :D

I ordered the short bed, I would have gotten a long, but the locker is more important, and I can always get a bed extender :D
cool..I could not resist for some reason...I Just took a look at your '92..nice rig. I am gonna send the link on it to my sister and brother in law...Is it sitting up in idaho? They are looking for a trail rig, they have a place up in Sandpoint on Lake Pend Orielle. How much are you looking to get out of it? Mileage etc?

Thanks, Robb

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats!

Awesome on getting ready for your new rig. I picked mine up just before Christmas. I think it is the twin to what you just ordered. I just put my Revtek lift on it today with 285x75r16 BFG AT's on it. Looks great. I got some kind of black spoke style rim, can't think of the brand off hand, but the rig looks pretty tough now.

The All pro sliders, front and rear bumpers are in the garage getting ready for paint. So it will look pretty awesome by next week I am hoping. Then I can start to wheel it.

Good job in serving the country. I salute you my friend. My bro in law is now in Iraq. He is one tuff kid. He has 6 kids and 1 on the way, so he better come home. Come home safe yourself bro.

BlackDog

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x5 on the congrats and x2 on serving our country! I was in 25 years ago, so were both my brothers, granfather and uncle (Vietnam POW). Get home in one piece.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
John:
truck looks great, sounds like you have got an entire garage full of stuff to install. Are you back from Afghanistan yet?? send me an email when you have got the '92 running, [email protected]. My brother in law is still seriously thinking about your truck...If my budget was a little (OK a lot bigger) I would buy it for my trail rig...
thanks,
Robb

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i bet that set you back a pretty penny!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ocdropzone said:
John:
truck looks great, sounds like you have got an entire garage full of stuff to install. Are you back from Afghanistan yet?? send me an email when you have got the '92 running, [email protected]. My brother in law is still seriously thinking about your truck...If my budget was a little (OK a lot bigger) I would buy it for my trail rig...
thanks,
Robb

Hey... Yeah there is a few things out there. Most of the stuff is for the 92, I decided to wait to get the stuff for the 07 until the 92 sells, thou the lift and SGII are here, as well as my lights for the bed bar. I have to make a run to texas next week to get our apaches off the boat and when I get back from that I am picking up the truck. My hourmeter is here so I know whats going on first :D..

As far as the 92, all the parts are here. i was looking at the TG springs tonight, they look to be a really nice spring. The HG stuff is here too. I am home all week so I will pull the head off and take it and the injectors in before i leave this weekend. They will be ready by the time I get home.. so slap it back together, drive it a little to make sure all the bugs are worked out and she will be for sale. I put a battery charger on it tonight, still had a decent charge after 9 months no use, and hooked up.. guess that means I have no shorts :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
You got VSC with the off road package??? Lucky. I was told that VSC only came on the sport models. Oh well, too late for me!

·
Registered
30 Posts
AH64ID,

Did you get yours yet ?

I ordered mine on Dec 12th and it left CA on Feb 21st, should be here Monday.

I got -
2007 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road (Silver Mica)
CD with the 6 CD changer - so I got the steering wheel controls
Snug top cap
VSC
Towing package
Side Curtain air bags
Westin Platnium (powder black) tubes - after market dealer
Front windows tinted to match the rear cab tint - after market dealer

-What's in garage
Color'd door handles
Weather tech mat's front and back
Taco tunes speaker mounts

Spot